1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Badger 5 TIP, Sump, oil pickup and Polyflex dogbone bush done - what a ballache

sportquattro Jul 16, 2011

1. sportquattro

sportquattro Active Member

Evening all. Well a long day of fettling the S3 is over, dropped the sump & replaced the oil pickup, fitted new eBay sump, Polyflex dogbone bush and badger 5 TIP. Had the use of a 4 post lift and it still took all day, just no room to get access to bolts, the 3 awkward bolts on the sump were a swine, dogbone easy enough, and the Badger 5 TIP, well made bit of kit but a sod to fit, just no access to tighten the grub screws, and trying to get everything to line up is a job and a half, the MAF is a mega tight fit in the silicone 90 deg bend and had to trim a lot of the silicone pipes to make it all fit. Not had time to VAG-COM log it yet but it feels lovely to drive with the new dogbone bush. Overall all are very worthwhile jobs to do on any S3 but if i didn't have a 4 post lift to use I can't imagine the pain and suffering it would involve major ballache.

Nige

2. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 s tronic

Ways and means Nige
    I helped someone drop the gearbox for a clutch replacement on the road on axle stands,was very dirty afterwards but saved a lot of money.

3. sportquattro

sportquattro Active Member

After today I have HUGE respect for you guys on A-SN that can do that sort of job on the driveway, absolutely awesome!!

Nige

4. voorhees

Cheers Nige...no driveway just road,recently had tarmac put down so we had to move the stands a bit as they sunk which was hairy.

5. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Haha, so now said road has potholes! - B@ST@RDS!

S3Lol likes this.
  6. voorhees

Yes if you drive by the kerb in a side road....where the cars park.

7. MUSH

MUSH MUSH Developments Ltd.

Haha reminds me of when we removed the engine out the leon cupra fro my mk2 20vt, was on a rough bit of land just off the road and the axle stands kept sinking. So we stacked some tyres up to support it...

[​IMG]

:lmfao:

8. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

I know exactly how you feel!

I did a gearbox swap on a 6 speed leon last year by the side of the pavement in Portsmouth. Not exactly ideal!

Done 4 gearbox jobs on my driveway this year too. God I wish I had a ramp!

9. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Pikey gearbox changes for the win :lmfao:.