1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Badge Tuning?

flippantaudi Aug 12, 2014

1. flippantaudi

flippantaudi Member

I've got an SE Avant, but so far I've added OEM 19" RS6 Alloys, Eibach lowering springs, roof spoiler and the S-Line Sports Seats (amongst other things).

Do you think its acceptable to put an S Line badge on the side? I'm not bothered about 'conning' people into thinking its an S-Line and I know badge tuning is a bit cringe (see a lot of BM's with it) but I do like the red flash on the side of the car!

Interested in what fellow Audi A6 bods thought...

I think all thats missing is black headliner and the front and rear lower spoilers, but I actually prefer the SE foglight shape to the S Line.

2. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi A6

My car is an s-line and I'm trying to remove the badge, S line is a body kit and harsher suspension! If you want to put a badge on just do it who cares if it someone spots it's an SE with s-line badges.

3. rawtor51

rawtor51 Active Member

Personally I wouldn't bother tbh, I removed most of my badges except the grill one and the Audi rings

4. Jconway651

Jconway651 New Member

Kinda pointless, id much sooner de-badge than stick ones on.
    Ive always been puzzled by the chrome badges on sale in halfords. Its possible to have a 24V V8 GTI RS SPORT and ive seen people who have done it.
    Saying that S-line badge is allot less annoying the V8 16V GTI corsa.

People that can tell the difference may just assume your are an "s-line" wanna be, which is allot less cool than them appreciating a nicely modded SE.

5. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi

It's your car you can do anything you want, personally to me a badge doesn't mean much. I removed the 3.0 and Quattro badges from the boot of mine just left the TDI logo.
    Mines an SE and I am happy with that, it's lowered and has has an S line interior but I wouldn't bother with an S Line badge.

karl.

6. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

Don't fool yourself into thinking it's something which it isn't!!