Badge removal from the boot lid

a3rob

Reaction score
Hi peeps,
Iv had random thoughts of taking the a3 and the 1.9 tdi badges from the boot lid. Does anyone know if they are stuck on, or set into small holes like most other manufacturers do, chitroen, renault etc.

Cheers

yep, mine left glue marks, still to this day, cant shift the ****** marks! :(

be warned..

Debadged my S4 about a month ago. I used a hairdryer to heat up the glue under the rear badge and then dental floss to cut through it.

ive found dental floss is always the best way to get them off after heating, a product called Tardis is awesome for removing old glue marks, just spray on leave for a minute then agitate and wash off with water.
repeat two or three times then dry and polish the boot and hey presto!
dont leave tardis on paint work for too long though :no:

Auto Glym intensive tar remover will remove all your sticky problems....

Second that, i put some on and within a minute or two it just wipes off. also very good for tar as wipe on wipe off same time

Or i used WD40. Whilst taking it off. Made things easier! Dont leave the dryer on the badge for too long or it'll bubble your paint! Get dental floss, prize it off and use some wd40 with it to get it all off. job done! :)

Sorted it, the glue marks came off easily with the g4 and mop.
Smooth as now. Looks well.
Cheers lads

I did mine with Auto Glym intensive tar remover it will remove all your sticky problems....

Now your asking!

removing the rings would make the rear look terrible!, don't do it!
but seriously i would have a word with the dealers, about a replacement, as that should tell you whether its clipped and glued, or just stuck on.

on my old 2000 1.8TQ it was glued on as the previous owner took em off and gave me the badge in a bag :(

I've taken my Audi 4 rings badge off and I love it without it personally. It's just 3M foam taped on, a hair-dryer will sort that right out for you.

Also to remove the sticky glue i find a cloth with petrol helps, it melts the glue.

Im going to remove the A3 on mine this wkend.