Bad week

Broken Byzan

Photographic Moderator
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I am Having a bad week, i fitted the rear coilovers, discs,pads etc no problems,i came to do the front, and spotted i had a dodgy arm, whilst waiting for a replacement to turn up( ebay, i won a kit minus 3 lower arms for £127), i took off the hubs etc to get the bearings done.
Rather than mess around with hammers and stuff i gave em to my mate that runs a garage to press them in for me.

My mate got his fitter to do it for him and Whilst the bearing was being fitted the bloomin hub/arm cracked so i now need to replace that too.

I have a car full of bits all ready to fit, and another carless weekend to look forward to.. great

EDIT it turns out the fitter attempted to fit the bearing backwards hence cracking it, the garage are going to cover it. WWooHoo.

Poor guy, a quick cash job is gonna cost them god knows how much !!!
Its killing me i can't wait to fit my new wheels and play with the C/Os.

Off topic, how much thread is showing below the spring mounts on your front coilovers anyone?? I need a basic setting to start,lol

Depends what coilover kit you have, mine is FK Highsport and i set the front so that it just stops the spring being loose,count the threads and same on other side, see how that sits and then adjust accordingley:thumbs-up:

i think you just get weeks like that mate, never mind sounds like you'r well on the way to being back on the road, with a pretty impressive spec i have to add. can't wait to see the wheels fitted