Bad repair or bad luck??

Platinum70

Reaction score
My girlfriends A4 cab had a repair in 2004. The rear drivers side wing was badly damaged and so was the door.

The guy who repaired it cut out the section of damage in the rear wing and fixed in a new piece from the new wing. He said this was done to keep all the original wing (and therefore the seams/lines) so that the car still had the original fit around the roof, rear lights and bumper.

Now nearly two years on rust is appearing around the wheel-arch and the paint is oxidising. I am taking it back to him on Thursday but not sure what to do. Do i trust him to sort it out for no doubt free, or take it elsewhere? Not sure what they could have done to cause this.

Any advice guys??

bad repair by the sounds of things but it depends on if there was a problem with rust already setting in on the arch.
my guess would be that when it was preped for paint they used scotchbrite to do the inner lip of the arch but the painter didnt get right round there with the gun.
rust is hard to remove once it sets in, you need to get rid of all it or the same issues will return.
i am bo no means a painter, although i have painted a couple of my cars but i have spent several years in the trade valeting and also buying from auction.
so you can guess that i have seen a few rough jobs in my time. lol.
hope it goes well for you at the paint shop.

Car is back at the repair place now. Due to get it back on Wednesday. Just hope it is done correctly this time.