Bad Noise

Boy-Raymond

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Right firstly it's a 2007 2.0 TDi Sport BKD engine.

For the last 2 days when it's started from cold its making more than usual noise.

Sounds like a clattering but can't tell where its coming from. It's always gone within 5 mins of driving. Engine does sound louder than usual and not as smooth bit could be hearing things as so worried.

Suspect DMF but getting increasingly concerned it could be the start of oil pump failure.

Any ideas for diagnosis would be much appreciated and may stop me having a coronary!!!

Decided to stop the impending heart attack, it's now at Lion Garage in Hinckley as they were recommended and local.

Ill let you know how it goes.

Any ideas for diagnosis would be much appreciated and may stop me having a coronary!!![/QUOTE]

Ha ha. I go from being absolutely furious to a nervous wreck everytime I drive my POS. (I'm not going to admit I should of bought something else though..... Not yet anyway)

Tell me about it, was supposed to be my first proper car, not one I had to financially cripple myself with.

So far 2 tyres, 1 rear bearing and 2 tyres (potholes), and now DMF chatter on startup.

All in 4,500 miles and 2 months of ownership!!

Ive not long had my dmf and clutch £650 I think. I also had a new gearbox at the same time.... As you do. £1000 recon.

DMF noises dont usual go away (hot/cold) :( its normally a chatter that annoys you until you cant bear it anymore.