Bad luck or p$£%sed someone up stairs off?

Soft lad

Reaction score
So, after 2.5 months waiting for our new A4 to arrive, 60 days down the line, we're pretty fed up.

Firstly, as you may know, a day after collecting it I found rust spots all over it. I took it to the dealer who used cutting compound on it but only did half a job after leaving swirls marks everywhere. I then noticed a defect on the rear bumper caused by their work. The bumper was "Smart" repaired (If that was the quality of my work, I'd hang myself), I insisted the bumper was painted whcih it was, and badly fitted. To me it wasn't the same colour but they insisted I take it so I had no choice but to.

A new RS4 was parked next to mine and had rust spots all over that too so I would say that Audi are not doing enough to protect the cars when they leave the factory.

A week ago Friday on my way to work, I passed a tractor cutting the hedges, a piece of debris flew out the blade and smashed the windscreen and damaged the rubber trim that goes up the side.

On Wednesday I went to Calais on a booze cruise and when I got back I found 2 dents on the bonnet from a stone and a chip down to the metal on the rear door.

This car is my pride and joy with 2500 miles on it and to me 60 days old so as you can imagine, I'm gutted.

So I ask, did I break too many mirrors or have I upset the big man??

That's just shocking... Feel so sorry for you mate, just totally gutting. :(

I really hope your luck changes soon so you can actually enjoy the car!

Damn, sorry to read this, thats just bad luck mate, but how can that be rust on the paintwork thats then polished out, rust would be on the metal itself, not lacquer/paint, so its just some hardened dirt as such?

Damn, sorry to read this, thats just bad luck mate, but how can that be rust on the paintwork thats then polished out, rust would be on the metal itself, not lacquer/paint, so its just some hardened dirt as such?

It IS rust. But its not the car body that is rusting. It is industrial contamination (Iron filings, grinding particles, industrial fallout etc). I had this all over my new A4 caused by some **** not cleanijg up after himself properly. It can be easily removed by using IronX and not be polishing tec. Any good car detailer can do it. AMDetails did mine and the amount of contamination I saw was horrific. Basically small metal particles land on the paint and adhere to it and then rust giving the impression of the car having rust spots all over it. Audi are possibly storing their new cars near somewhere that produces a lot of bits that are flying about and landing on the cars.

That's correct. Only trouble with that theory though is my car was in the production line on August the 24th and was shipped almost immediately as It arrived at the dealer 2 weeks later so was barely parked anywhere. Clearly audi are not covering the cars enough. The RS4 next to mine was the same in areas that you could see had had no protection stickers on. Audi need to bag the cars if this is an ongoing issue.

Too late for me though.

That's correct. Only trouble with that theory though is my car was in the production line on August the 24th and was shipped almost immediately as It arrived at the dealer 2 weeks later so was barely parked anywhere. Clearly audi are not covering the cars enough. The RS4 next to mine was the same in areas that you could see had had no protection stickers on. Audi need to bag the cars if this is an ongoing issue.

Too late for me though.

IronX is superb at the job of getting rid of it. But to be honest I would get a professional detailer to do it. Audi are the best at taking care of your paintwork as far as detailing goes. A steam clean and a quick hand polish is about as good as it gets¨!!

I've had it detailed now but The garage are disputing the payment saying its too much money.

How much would you guys suggest a wash, detail, polish, finesse and wax?

A good one? Round here it can be as much as £500+!

But I think that maybe £200 is a fairly reasonable amount?

That's a lot, he wants £150 for 3 hours work. The guy doing the rs4 apparently charges less,,,, apparently. My valeter does a full valet for £80 at BMW but that's a wash, dry, vacuum and wax where was mine was a detail panel by panel. A lot more work plus he isn't contracted to Audi so wouldn't have done an amazing deal. They're disputing the £150 and have done since the 10th of November.

F£&king Audi garage.

£150 for a proper detail as such, £150 is nothing & considering he has to supply the tools, liquids, compunds, pads etc etc etc thats a very fair price imho if he's flatten it down very well.

That's a lot, he wants £150 for 3 hours work. The guy doing the rs4 apparently charges less,,,, apparently. My valeter does a full valet for £80 at BMW but that's a wash, dry, vacuum and wax where was mine was a detail panel by panel. A lot more work plus he isn't contracted to Audi so wouldn't have done an amazing deal. They're disputing the £150 and have done since the 10th of November.

F£&king Audi garage.

Which stealer?

Mmm, I'm not sure if I should say, not that I have any loyalty, needless to say its in the South West and part of the Mon motors group.