1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Experience

Discussion in 'Awesome GTI' started by dappadan786, Sep 3, 2007.

1. dappadan786

dappadan786 Member

[Sep 3, 2007]
    placed a decent sized order with you guys on 10th of august. not all items where in stock so order wasnt shipped out which i can understand but i wasnt notified of this at any stage, no email no phone call.

when i did call i was told the in stock items would be shipped! i received most of it apart from 2 items.

noticed the top knobs to adjust the shockers werent in the box so rang up and was told will be sent from manufacturers over a week ago. well still nothing.

called again to advise nothing recieved as of yet and asked about the items on delay appeared they where both here and 1 was sittin on the shelf! i was told again at that point the adjusters would be sent directly from the manufacturers! well weekends passed and nothing on the adjusters but the items delayed are finally here 3rd september after numerous phone calls!

im really sorry for airing dirty laundry in public but i feel let down with poor customer service, if the order was a £40-50 order i wouldnt be bothered but it was more than 10x that amount!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 29, 2014]

3. clcollins

clcollins Member

[Sep 8, 2007]
    How interesting that they haven't responded to this.......... Over a number of years I've had many problems with them, ranging from half a$$ed customer service to total technical ineptitude, the outcome is that I wouldn't spend another penny with them, nor would I recommend them!!!!!
  4. dappadan786

dappadan786 Member

[Sep 9, 2007]
    your right, the lack of response sums this one up!

many people have had good experiences and it was recomended but after just 1 order ill be taking my custom else where! i dont have time to be waiting around for parts to arrive while they are sitting on the shelf or being told u dont need that part as its not necessary! if i pay for soemthing i expect a complete kit regardless of wether its needed or not!

ill be shopping elsewhere.

rant over!
  5. Pimpster

Pimpster Rolling Thunder...

[Sep 10, 2007]
    That is indeed very poor customer service! They've had 6 days to reply to the original post, and nothing so far. They'll definately be loosing my business here too.
  6. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

[Sep 11, 2007]
    I took my old one (S3 8L) twice there before a 275 mile (roughly) round trip with a power problem and was promised it would be sorted with rolling road runs to find out symptoms etc...

Was booked in got there and no-one could operate the rolling road as "Jim" was on holiday, not impressed with the travel for nothing. I told them what I had looked at but they looked at these again and it was left to me to push the mechanics at things to look at as they didnt seem interested as if i was making it up!

Was promised if I came back on the Monday then it would be put on the rolling road and data logged, can you believe I got there with all that travelling and no-one could operate the rolling road again so a complete wasted trip!

Really put me off as previously had good service from them and ended up getting rid of the car.
  7. tc3nitro

tc3nitro New Member

[Sep 11, 2007]
    always used awesome for years and had very good service...
    But the cars due a service, cambelt change and a new clutch and i dont think ill be using awesome again after what i have read here.!

They are quick to reply when it means money..... But this has made me see them in a different light......
  8. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

[Sep 11, 2007]
    i've PM'd AweomeSarah notifying her of this thread. Hopefully it will be sorted. I've never heard a bad thing about Awesome, but seeing as I worked in the trade for a while you never really get to hear about all the good stuff you do, just the odd 1 issue that slips through the net.
  9. AwesomeSarah

AwesomeSarah Member

[Sep 12, 2007]
    Hi
    I am sorry that I have not seen this
    I have not been on the forum for a while
    We are at the moment extreamly busy as we are short on staff
    But I do take every problem serious and I am sorry that it has got to this stage
    The top adjusters? would this be the Koni kit?
    We do tend to get these direct from Koni UK and if there is a problem we usually get these ardered straight away
    I am sorry , and if anyone has had issues with the service from us and have tried to resolve like you have and have still not got anywhere then I do agree with you in coming on here , it is my neck here and I am sorry that I have let you down too by not getting back in touch with you
    As for ordering on line , we are looking at ways that we can get in touch all but straight away via email or similar in regards how long ot will take to ship the parts out to you
    I must admit I do not tend to get to hear of ways that the internet orders go about and I think that I should have a meet with the internet group to see how this could be resolved
    We do have a direct line to the order tracking and this dept has not been manned full time recently due to staff shortages and that means that us in the sales dept have been doing the extra work
    We are looking at getting new staff and the job has been advertised on our web site for a while
    We also have a new member of staff here in the sales dept who is in training as we speak and this will hopefully allow me to do the forums a bit more intense and then threads like this will not slip through the net and leave you feeling disapointed in the service that we offer
    So can I ask , have you still not recieved the top adjuster? please feel free to give me your contact details or PM me and I will chase this up for you
    I am so sorry about that and I will try my best to get this order resolved for you asap
    Sarah
  10. clcollins

clcollins Member

[Sep 12, 2007]
    Hi Olly K, totally agree that the only time people post in forums etc is (generally) when they have had a problem. I like to think that I am a fair person and whilst I have posted a negative comment in this thread it was not without careful consideration. You should have left it for Awesome to respond to this thread in their own time; that way we would have had a clear picture of their idea of what constitutes good customer service is.
  11. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

[Sep 12, 2007]
    OK im not taking anyone's side here but sometimes posting this on a website may not be the best solution, as sarah said its manic in the office and usually phone calls take priority over checking all the websites you are affiliated with.

again, not taking sides, I can just see both sides of the coin
  12. AwesomeSarah

AwesomeSarah Member

[Sep 12, 2007]
    I must agree within reason
    The main problem we have at the moment is lack of staff
    We are on the lookout , but all you need is to have 1 person off or have left the company then with holidays too , it does make it hard to get back on track
    I am on the phones and I have to admit that the amount of calls that we do per day is always on the up
    We are trying to deal with everyone in the manor that it deserves , but unfortunately there are times when maybe the incorrect person answers the call
    I have been in touch with our main internet order guy , who has been filling in on the order tracking phone and he has told me that he has tried to organise the top mount adjuster for you
    He says that he has spoken to your partner on several occasions but she does not seem to understand some of the discussion
    If it is possible to have a contact number for yourself direct we could possibly be able to explain a bit more for you as there are not 4 adjusters that are required for the 4 shockers
    But hopefully we can get this resolved for you
    Sarah
  13. dappadan786

dappadan786 Member

[Sep 13, 2007]
    she understood as i explained to her, i did recive the adjuster few days ago.

my main gripe was the fact i wasnt told any items here delayed the whole order was kept back, it took 4-5 phone calls to get everything delivered.

Thank you for responding to the thread.
  14. AwesomeSarah

AwesomeSarah Member

[Sep 14, 2007]
    Hi Mate
    Not a problem at all
    I am going to be spending a couple of days doing forum work only and if things like this is slipping through the net we like to know about it
    I take thinks like this seriously and do try my very best to follow things through to the end
    If you have any problems please feel free to ask for me directly as I do work on the sales too for 3 days of the week
    We are in the process of trying to look at letting every individual order off the internet know of availability and this is prooving trickier than we first thought but hopefully this is something that we can get to the bottom to as this will aid customers like yourself
    Thank you for your patience with the response
    Sarah
  15. ang12el

ang12el Member

[Sep 14, 2007]
    Well not to rub salt into the wounds .. I decided to go with Awesome after reading good things aboutthem Car needs timing belt and service gave them a ring got a price and booked the car in ..made it clear that I needed a courtsey car as work miles away and live even further. This was agreed and made a call the day before due to drop off to make sure everything was ok. Turned up only to be told that there was a problem with a courtesy car and may have to wait till 17.30 before It could be resolved. meaning I wouldnt get home till 19.00 (needing to pick youngest up from football this wasn't an option) to say I felt letdown is an understatment especially as I had spoken to Sarah in person. I appreciate we all have scenarios that are sometimes avoidable but a call would have been appreciated rather than me to turn up, especially after taking time off work to get down to the workshop,only for the above to happen. Needless to say thinking twice about taking my car in for a bill that will be in excess of £500
  16. AwesomeSarah

AwesomeSarah Member

[Sep 14, 2007]
    Hi Mate
    I was told about this late last night after you had visisted us and I thought that you had had a call about this
    I was upstairs doing some work up there
    Having spoken to the lads they told me that it was not an issue with you , the problem is we had a car towed in with us and we gave the person a car
    We was expecting one back to us later in the day , but the lads said they explained this , but as we are relying on the customers and the traffic that can get quite bad towards the end of the day
    We have 4 courtesy cars and usually this is no problem
    Sarah
  17. ang12el

ang12el Member

[Sep 15, 2007]
    Thanks for the reply I didnt see the point in jumping up and down as it woudnt have got me anywhere I left it at that .. what I was not happy with was the fact that the peeps behind the desk knew that there was a problem but didnt even bother letting me know in advance (point I am trying to get at) IS that if I phone up next time can I be certain that what I am being told is going to happen actually happens.. If your customers are travelling the best part of a 100+ mile round trip (as I am sure a lot of your customers do) the least you can do is "do as it says on the tin" so to speak, thats before I even get the car in your workshop.. Anyway like I said posted on here for others to make there minds up personally I am in two minds as to if was just one of those days or it is the norm. But first impressions are not good:bye:
  18. AwesomeSarah

AwesomeSarah Member

[Sep 15, 2007]
    I understand what you are saying
    I knew you was coming in and I was not told of this problem too , but we was in the hands of the customer who was suppose to be coming back with the car
    I know that you have rebooked and the courtesy car is booked out again for you so I will tell the guys (who know already) that this MUST be available for you
    I am sorry about that , we will resolve this for you
    Sarah