1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad day at the office...

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by phil_w, Jul 8, 2010.

1. phil_w

phil_w Member

Day started bad - lorry flings pebble/rock/stone at me on way to work and 3 inch crack appears on windscreen.

Get to work, arrange company insurance to sort windscreen - blokes turn up quite speedily (begin think day is getting better) and fit new windscreen (the one with light sensor bracket).

On way home after approx 55 of my 65 mile journey, rear view mirror falls off and is left dangling by wires:sadlike:

Seems that the adhesive that holds the bracket onto the windscreen has failed - anyone had this happen to them or is it just me?

Have to drive to work in the morning mirrorless to meet the blokes again to hopefully get it sorted but he says it'll probably need another windscreen...
  2. Pii

Pii Member

Oh man!! And I thought my day sucked!!!!
  3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

At least it's not going to cost you 2nd time around and i bet the 2nd job gets done much better due to the bollocking he had for wasting the screen.
  4. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

looks like they havent cleaned the glass properly. It needs to be absolutely spotless, free of grease/moisture etc. Best cleaned with something like surgical spirits etc.