Bad back

missviper

Reaction score
Anyone got any tips for a very painful lower back.
I fell down the stairs a week ago and it is killing me when i lie or sit down.....
I need to keep on the move all the time........

Because you fell down the stars it may be injured or bruised , So im not really sure... But usually a bad back is caused by tension and tightning of the lower muscles which leeds to backache
I got the strongest muscle relaxcents from the doc took 2 of them with ONE 500 mg paracetamol 4 times a day after 4 days i was cured muscle relaxcents are great for a bad back serious give it a try you never know you may just be tense after the fall if it works you owe me a drink lol.....

First of all, get it checked out...

I've got the spine of a bloke four times my age, mostly it doesn't cause me any problems, but every now and then it likes to remind me that I was flippant toward manual handling once - and oh my word does the message get through!

Herniated disc(s), impacted/compressed vertebrae, muscle damage - to name a few, all very painful conditions and remarkably easily caused. Hopefully you won't be suffering anything like that - and thankfully there are as many, if not more things you can do to cause grief from your back which are less severe and much more temporary/easily sorted - best get it checked for peace of mind though...

On a practical note - Ibuprofen (choose unbranded so the only active ingredient is Ibuprofen) and Paramol - if you take them both (ALWAYS READ THE LABEL ;)) you get anti-inflammatory and pain relief together. I've found it quite helpful for back pain and tootheache alike :)

Hope you're on the mend soon...

Regards,

Rob.

I would go and get it checked out Maria.

I fell onto the lower part of my spine/ar5e when I was around 15, and I get the odd back tingle today. I remember the pain that shot up my back at the time, and I felt paralised(sp?) for around 5 secs also. I have back massages and acupuncture on my back which seems to have made it a lot better.

Thats what i have done god it hurts......

Feels a little better today do i dare say it...

So painful when i get out of my car.......

I would go and get it checked out Maria.

I fell onto the lower part of my spine/ar5e when I was around 15, and I get the odd back tingle today. I remember the pain that shot up my back at the time, and I felt paralised(sp?) for around 5 secs also. I have back massages and acupuncture on my back which seems to have made it a lot better.

I know how you feel Ive had problems with 3 discs in my lower back for the last 9 years and its a nightmare especially when your a self employed builder.Ive had two episodes which put me off work for six months and only being able to get about on crutches,its so ****** frustrating.Hopefully if its started easing up you might have just strained it or some of the muscles might have gone into spasm, have you tried putting an ice pack on the painful area for about 10 miniutes several times a day .If its still painful when your sitting try to make sure your sitting straight without slouching.Try having a cushion in the small of your back or a rolled up towel it feels strange at first but it can help .If it still hurts in bed try having a pillow or two under your knees if you lay on your back orunder your stomach if you lay on your front.Iagree with the others go and get it checked out,straight away if you get pins and needles or numbness in your feet or any changes in your bladder or bowel.I hope you get better soon all the best.Try a good physio mine keeps me working.