Backdraft Motorsport S3 Endurance Race Car build

As promised....

It's going to be one of these beauties....

It does come in a slightly less excessive version for a stock 4 injector setup,as well as this plumbed for an additional 4 injectors like the Sorensen,which AFAIK is now marketed via HEP and USP Motorsports.

It's made by HEP in the US anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: warren_S5
At long last our S3 track car is finished. Or at least 99% complete!

The car went on to the dyno last week to be run-in (no power runs I'm afraid) which was successful. We've since dropped the oil out of the engine to check it's condition and that all looks as it should, so the next step is to get a shake down or track day booked and see what this thing can do.

Here are a few photos & vids of the car as it stands now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RS3dan, warren_S5, Revo Steve-W and 4 others
Looking awesome! Well done guys! Cant wait to see it on the track and what power you get from this! blood, sweat, tears and money well worth it IMO :D

That does look good.

Is that the IE cam cover or the Eurojet,as I've got an IE cover waiting to go on mine.

Still thinking about those wings BTW.

Thanks everyone.

Alex; It is the Eurojet one, but I dont think they make them anymore. As you rightly say I.E cam cover is the way forward. We have supplied a few of these for people and they look the business :icon_thumright:

Reactions: S3Alex
Looks awesome. What wheels are they btw?

They're a proper race wheel made by a Spanish firm called Braid. They've been custom made to take the centre lock wheel nut. I think I posted some more details about them somewhere in the thread. They are really nice wheels and strong so they can take a bit of abuse over curbs.

Thanks everyone.

Alex; It is the Eurojet one, but I dont think they make them anymore. As you rightly say I.E cam cover is the way forward. We have supplied a few of these for people and they look the business :icon_thumright:

I've just sourced one via IE,and seen now that you're the importer for the UK!

So....it looks the business as you say,and I'm hoping it gets rid of the oil ingestion problems with the TFSi inlet valves,as I bought the VTA breather kit to go with it.

Now I need the valves and that's the next on the list.

Your car looks superb.....there's something so good about a proper race car.

Cheers Alex. I'm sure you'll see an improvement. Do you do any track days in your beast? How much power are you running your car at now and what level of mapping have you got on yours?

Reactions: S3Alex
Cheers Alex. I'm sure you'll see an improvement. Do you do any track days in your beast? How much power are you running your car at now and what level of mapping have you got on yours?

To be honest,no,and I wish I had more time to do some.

I had one not too long ago courtesy of AMD,and loved every second of that,so I would love to do more,but for better or worse,business is good,and I have no time.

The car has had a few changes.....the inlet manifold arrived and was fitted,but in the process,half a ton of coal had to be removed from the inlet tract and valves.
The result of that is the car was running around 500bhp @ 2bar on a GTX3076,and is now a LOT quicker on less boost(1.87bar) but hasn't been dyno'd to get any figures.

That lot should run to a bit more boost after it's next holiday with AMD,and the mapping is Revo Stg4,plus AEM water/meth.

.......and when the time comes,the extra injectors can be hooked up and fuelled for a bit more.

So much love for this car.. Looks and (I bet) goes awesome, total beast!

Read through this whole thread from start to finish. .. absolutely savage work... serious build. ..

Looks amazing, quality build! Interested to see how it handles a track now.

Great read guys, awesome car. Well done and thanks, look forward to some video of the car in action.

Mark