1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back window washer jet

smudgy57 Jun 12, 2004

  1. smudgy57

    smudgy57 Member

    71
    0
    6
    my back window washer squirts a pathetic jet, could anyone point me in the right direction of where to look, im a bit fumbled. front ones are fine, and ive checked for any blockages /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
     
  2. HTC

    HTC Active Member

    3,427
    8
    38
    The pipe connection to the jet often gets loose and lets water seep down inside the car.
    Symptoms of this is a strong smell of washer fluid in the car and fluid seeping out from the tailgate where it shouldn't.

    Also could be corroded jet nozzle.

    On mine it was a loose pipe.

    Heres a PDF of the trim clips if you have to remove it. You just undo the two screws from the lower part and pull. BE careful as the clips are quite tight.

    I had to put a little bit of silicone on time to seal it.
     
  3. dwarfslapper

    dwarfslapper New Member

    17
    0
    1
    Your PDF is foooked mate
     
  4. smudgy57

    smudgy57 Member

    71
    0
    6
    call me dunce but pdf?
     
  5. recomdos

    recomdos Member

    999
    4
    18
    [ QUOTE ]
    rallydaz said:
    call me dunce but pdf?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    DUNCE
     
  6. recomdos

    recomdos Member

    999
    4
    18
    sorry - couldn't resist!

    PDF = Portable Document Format, it's just a method of universally making documents readable, eg. if something was created in MS Word, and you didn't have it, it could be converted to a PDF using Adobe. Also it makes file sizes compressed and therefore good for web based info sheets.

    Hope this makes sense! You see - I don't know about intercoolers etc - lol!

    Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
     
  7. smudgy57

    smudgy57 Member

    71
    0
    6
    lol...**** me you need to get out a bit more.............................anyway im still none the wiser and a cant see out of my back window lolol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
     
  8. recomdos

    recomdos Member

    999
    4
    18
    [ QUOTE ]
    rallydaz said:
    lol...**** me you need to get out a bit more.............................anyway im still none the wiser and a cant see out of my back window lolol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    hehehe - well it's part of my job, and really it's not that hard to understand!! It's nothing really - goto www.adobe.com and read all about it there if ya want.....

    get ur self to specsavers if ya can't see out that window /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif lol
     
  9. I have this problem. Squirt the rear jet then look under the engine bay, see if there is a puddle of water. I have a split pipe in the engine bay and it just pours onto the floor
     
  10. jojo

    jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

    28,768
    3,436
    113
    [ QUOTE ]
    recomdos said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    rallydaz said:
    lol...**** me you need to get out a bit more.............................anyway im still none the wiser and a cant see out of my back window lolol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    hehehe - well it's part of my job, and really it's not that hard to understand!! It's nothing really - goto www.adobe.com and read all about it there if ya want.....

    get ur self to specsavers if ya can't see out that window /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif lol

    [/ QUOTE ]

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
     
  11. Add7

    Add7 Member

    310
    0
    16
    the pdf was fine for me
     
  12. recomdos

    recomdos Member

    999
    4
    18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
    I have this problem. Squirt the rear jet then look under the engine bay, see if there is a puddle of water. I have a split pipe in the engine bay and it just pours onto the floor

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I have the exact same problem as I found out yesterday when I fitted my new stylee wiper!

    take a peak (at the wiper)

    how'd u fix it stuart? or have ya not yet? I'm not too fussed as of yet as I never use it really! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

     
  13. chuffer

    chuffer Member

    72
    0
    6
    Stuart

    Where abouts was your split pipe? Every time I try my rear squirter I hear it leak in the engine bay!

    James
     
  14. recomdos

    recomdos Member

    999
    4
    18
    damn - this must be a real common problem!
     
  15. MalS3

    MalS3 New Member

    1
    0
    1
    My S3 had a similar problem, it all started with the alarm going off and annoying the neighbours!!! Shame........ Added to this was a wiper fault and boot light not working. The problem turned out to be the rear washer jet pipe, it had come adrift on the inside, and water had corroded the terminals/connections on the wiper motor and tailgate switch inside the boot lid. All in all a pain, but cleaning the contacts and putting a tyrap on the pipe cured all the faults.

    Hope this helps.........
     
  16. subsea

    subsea New Member

    2
    0
    1
    I have just had the same problem with the alarm. I pulled the back panel off and could see there had been signs of water. After pulling off the block connector (3 wire) at the latch, It was full of water and starting to corrode. I pulled this off and it has solved my problem for now although I have no latch sensor but do get a full nights sleep while keeping the neighboures happy.
     

Share This Page