1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back washer not working.....leaking hose in rear quarter???

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Craigybaby37_A3quattro, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Craigybaby37_A3quattro

Craigybaby37_A3quattro Member

[Jan 17, 2008]
    My rear washer aint worked for a long time now so i brought a repair kit from vagparts.com and fitted it with no luck. It stopped working shortly after i got the car and it was just a simple blockage which i cleared with an airline.

However this time round i disconnected the pipe that takes the water to the wiper motor and disconnected it from the front aswell and when you blow an airline through it nothing comes out either end there is just a loud blowing noise ariund the rear quater area on the passenger side as if a pipe has come off??? I took the cover off in the boot where my cd changer is and the noise gets louder.

Has anyone had this problem an if so do you have any advice for me before i start taking the inside of the car to bits???

thanks craig
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. bouncer--daz

bouncer--daz A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!

[Jan 17, 2008]
    If you so a search alot of people have had this problem... inlcuding myself but I havnt got round too fixing it yet. Let me know how u get on
  4. abdus

abdus Top Gear VCDS Map User

5. Craigybaby37_A3quattro

Craigybaby37_A3quattro Member

[Jan 17, 2008]
    thanks poeple ive read through a few prevous threadas now an it seems to be a commen problem.....o well this will give me somthing to do over the weekend u guess.
  6. jonS3

jonS3 Member

[Jan 17, 2008]
    i had this problem, its the connection under the sub
  7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 17, 2008]
    Yep as jonS3 says it is also common for the tubing to fail over the rear wheelarch. Check right down behind the rear lights in front of the sub, stuff some kitchen roll down there and then retrieve it. If it's soaking wet then you need to remove the boot trim, remove the sub and repair the split. Your central locking pump and alarm siren is right down there as well, so if it's flooded then you need to dry it out pronto.