Back in the fold - my new to me S3

archemist

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Morning all.

Been about these parts for a few years, with an A4 B6 quattro and then a B7 S-line but after a brief volvo shaped flirtation this is about to land on my driveway.

Almost ashamed to post up such a stock car given what some on here do, but as this will be my DD the mods will probably be limited to some BBS rims for summer and the odd tinker with VCDS.

As you can see the original mirror caps have taken a walk - any clues as to where to get the best reps / 2nd hand ones?

I have a couple of cars from stuttgart as my playthings....

excuse the dealer pics - i collect in two weeks:)

BW
And

Plaything 1: 968 currently being rebuilt after a Corsa tried mounting her from behind:(

Plaything 2: was supposed to be a temporary replacement for plaything 1 but has kind of got under my skin...

Reactions: Raiden, leshkin, Jake 61 and 2 others
Welcome to the 8P area.

Nice selection of playthings...

Don't get carried away with the S3 as well!

Reactions: archemist
Wasn't there any chance of getting the dealer you bought the car from to sort a set out?? Lovely looking car and most jealous of you having to playthings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have to resist playing with the S3 otherwise i'll become an obsessive:smirk:

i know its shocking but i did the deal before i realised the caps had gone - and i'm happy enough with the price-to-change (about the cheapest dealer / audi serviced '12 plate in the country and £700 notes over book for my trade in.

Spec wise - it has full electric seats, black / grey, and i think SDS on top of the rns-e / ami kit.

not sure what else - but wanted roof bars, for my bikes, which seem quite a rare option.

thanks for the re-welcome:)

Last edited:
Reactions: S3Alex and Carlos85
I'm a bad example for obsession.

Try @mjr901 for parts.

Reactions: Hookmonster, S. and archemist
Welcome Back. Love you car collection. As Alex has said we have a parts request system in place now with Mike @mjr901 he is very good and gives our members (of which he is one) a great service and price. Hope you enjoy the S3. :)

Reactions: Hookmonster, archemist and S3Alex
Not much more you can add to an S3 apart from 'Power', yours seems to have the lot.
Not sure what Plaything 1 is :search: but a Man needs his toys :rockwoot:

Thanks soot - car no.1 (literally) is a Porsche 968, the last of front engined line - i've had it since 2004!

I had an A3 (8L) tdi quattro back in 2003 and more audi's than others since so an S3 is the logical all purpose car for a no-i'm-not-growing-up-middle-aged-geezer:)

:slapped: I'm not up on Porches, never had one myself. I'm still in MLC at 64, wife thinks I'm going backwards :sm4:

Reactions: Sandra, HHS3, archemist and 2 others
i'm definitely in your gang Soot - i want to grow old and stay young at heart.

countdown has begun - next tuesday pick up

genuine S13 late facelift mirror caps sourced too.

car going to lincoln audi for interim service, check over and probably haldex oil change thursdya week and then a few days hols around the country in her:blackrs4:

Reactions: Sandra, SootySport and S3Alex
Have now got some nice shiny ears...just no car to hang them on....until next tuesday

Genuine and bar a couple of small scratches they're sweet:sunglasses:

:blackrs4:

Tuesday be here soon. Can't wait to get some pics when you collect the car. :) x

i'm definitely in your gang Soot - i want to grow old and stay young at heart.

countdown has begun - next tuesday pick up

genuine S13 late facelift mirror caps sourced too.

car going to lincoln audi for interim service, check over and probably haldex oil change thursdya week and then a few days hols around the country in her:blackrs4:

Best to grow old disgracefully.

Thanks Sandra and Alex

Collected car today and totally smitten:)

Complete result as I've found out both front seats are electric, not just driver's:yes:

Then I noticed that the mirrors are folding:yes:

Then I noticed that it has the sun blinds (ok so they'll prob never get used):yes:

Then I noticed A little switch on the centre console with a shock absorber motif...

Which I think means it's got mag-ride too:rock:

Drove up to north Yorks this eve on a mix of a1 and back roads and absolutely love it:yahoo:

Will take some pics of my stock S3 once I've got the mirror caps fitted

Reactions: HHS3, Sandra, S. and 1 other person
Sounds like you've got a good car.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed mine.

Thanks Sandra and Alex

Collected car today and totally smitten:)

Complete result as I've found out both front seats are electric, not just driver's:yes:

Then I noticed that the mirrors are folding:yes:

Then I noticed that it has the sun blinds (ok so they'll prob never get used):yes:

Then I noticed A little switch on the centre console with a shock absorber motif...

Which I think means it's got mag-ride too:rock:

Drove up to north Yorks this eve on a mix of a1 and back roads and absolutely love it:yahoo:

Will take some pics of my stock S3 once I've got the mirror caps fitted
Sounds amazing. Enjoy to the max . Looking forward to the pics :) x

had a quick wash last night...
 DSC0013
 DSC0012
 DSC0017
 DSC0016

Reactions: Raiden
had a full inspection service at lincoln Audi - basically clean bill of health, reported tha air con isn't working (it is and VCDS is clear) and tyre sealant canister is out of date!

Now back to identikit mode with the mirror caps, and i've found out it has TPMS and the two-tone silver-grey leather was another option.

Have an intermittent fault code on the cooling fan and the instrument coding reports as incorrect?

Reactions: S3Alex