Back from the Dealer

DeckedS3

Reaction score
Well, I've just got back from the dealer...
Looked at the S3 and I'll be taking the plunge sooner or later, just need to sell my R32 now... Any takers? :)

Got a couple of questions on the S3.....

Are the folding mirrors worth having? Do they bring the width of the car in considerably? Does it help getting the car in the garage?

The bucket seats, What are the bolsters like? Do they fall apart in 2 months.... I've read some horror stories but I’m not a big boy, so I can't see myself having that many issues with ripping/stretched bolsters.

Interior light pack? Does anyone have it? They couldn't show me it in action... but for £140 I may as well go for it! Can you change the colour? is it LEB or bulb?

Thanks

Folding the mirrors will gain you around 100mm on either side, bear in mind you cant fold them on the move.

The bolsters are SOLID, so do not fall to bits. They work well as a means for alarming you to your state of fitness aswell, theyve started nipping me a bit lately, must get down the gym :)

I dont have the interior light pack so i cant help there.

Good luck.

I think the interior light pack is worth it , you get map reading lights , two little red LED's that shine on your gear stick ( looks smart ) door lights and puddle lights , i don't know what else as i don't have the pack , but i would spec it if i were buying new.

As for the buckets i don't have them either , my back slides around a bit in the Std seats when giving it some , so if you can afford them and like to drive hard i'd say spec em.

You have a superchared mkiv R32 don't you? how does the S3 compare?

p

The electric folding mirrors are the one thing I really wish I had ordered on mine, would save the effort of having to fold one in to make it bit easier getting into the garage. Bucket seats - just buy them (if dont need much access to the rear) - makes it that bit more special and makes it stand out a bit more than the rest of the A3's. Bolster wise mine have a 2 creases in the drivers after 6 months but nothing to worry about

Richard

yeah, I love the folding mirrors for getting in and out the garage and parking anywhere near anyone else. Its a ball ache they dont fold unless going under 5mph tho... cause I drive straight out my house into a thin country road with the mandatory meet with peroxide mum and her chelsea tractor!

Had the ambient lights in my last car, dont in this... dont miss them... just a nice to have if you like I guess.... its an athestics thing.

Plus, I got 2 kids and a wife so the bucket seats bolster was too high to make a pleasant drop in... nice once your in tho.

Thanks for your input peeps :friends:

The garage is getting me a demo with the seats, so I’ll get to try them out Monday.

Decided to go for the light pack and wing mirrors... I'm trying to think what I haven't spec'd now!

Has anyone got discount off an S3 then? I can get 5% through some corporate perks site at work, but it's a buyer’s market at the moment and I'm going to push my luck... What's my chances?

:beerchug:

yeah, you should get a discount. Although I say that cause I did, but the facelift wasnt out then... not sure how it is now. Only one way to find out! ;)