1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

back door wont unlock or open!!!!!

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by abdul h ghafoor, Jul 23, 2013.

1. abdul h ghafoor

abdul h ghafoor Member

[Jul 23, 2013]
    I am the owner of a 2000 2.5tdi quattro a6. Two days ago i realised one of the rear doors wont unlock or open. I can see the door lock nub trying to pop up bit it won't. When you pull the inner door handle it syill wont open. So I cant even take the inner door card out as the door wont open its driving me nuts. Any advicw/help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. ms1083

ms1083 Member

[Jul 25, 2013]
    i hope you have it open by now but maybe try fiddiling with the inside door opener lever so you can pull on its wire with more force than you can using the lever.

getting to the lock mechanism is hard not being able to remove door trim and even if you manage to pull it back a bit you will find there is a rigid plastic dust cover clipped over the mechanism. easy enough to remove with proper access but may be tricky without.

otherwise It may be a job to have to break something to get to the lock mechanics either inside trim or outside door handle. work out which is cheaper to replace, I know the trim is rather expensive. once you get to the lock hopefully you will be able to free it or if really stuck smash it to pieces so it comes off its mounting and then replace with new.
  4. abdul h ghafoor

abdul h ghafoor Member

[Sep 16, 2013]
    I managed to fix the rear door though not quite sure how. I managed to remove the door card by pushing it up amd pulling at the bottom. This led to two small tears where the screws hold it in place on the sides. Played about with the mechanism and used wd40 and all of a sudden hey presto worked.where the tears were used a washer under the screws and this firstly secured and covered. Looks great all back together and working fine.
    mrnice likes this.