B9 A4/S4 - Little Surprises

If the rear doors aren't fully closed no warning on the dash, at least that's what mine did today...

I had a rather inept rear seat passenger a couple of weeks ago who, for some reason, was unable to close the rear door properly (just slam the bluddy thing for Godsake!). At each unsuccessful attempt, the diagram on the dash showed that it was open.

Changing the subject, I too have wondered about the nipple on the climate control panel. I've pressed it, looked at it in different lights and ended up shrugging my shoulders at it.

Reactions: scotty76 and Jcbmally
Yeah I would say it's a lux / light sensitivity sensor also... perhaps helps detect direct sunlight to adjust cooling? Does not seem to have any impact on display brightness that I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally
I had a rather inept rear seat passenger a couple of weeks ago who, for some reason, was unable to close the rear door properly (just slam the bluddy thing for Godsake!). At each unsuccessful attempt, the diagram on the dash showed that it was open.

Changing the subject, I too have wondered about the nipple on the climate control panel. I've pressed it, looked at it in different lights and ended up shrugging my shoulders at it.
I'll test mine further but the reason I knew it wasn't closed correctly was because it rattled badly over bumps. At first I thought there was something wrong as there was nothing on the DIS.

Talking of rear passengers - a few different people have exclaimed how whilst it is easy to get into rear, getting out proves to be a challenge (or requires a contortionist) unless you rake the front seats forward! Anyone else find that?

I'll test mine further but the reason I knew it wasn't closed correctly was because it rattled badly over bumps. At first I thought there was something wrong as there was nothing on the DIS.

Also had this - no indication on the DIS that either rear door was open. Haven't investigated properly to see if it's a permanent or temporary fault, or whether there's a sequence of events that means it won't notify you when a door is left open.

Ours seemingly working fine, as while transporting teenage daughter and her friends the other week both rear doors weren't closed properly, showed on DIS hence me noticing, on a related note also find it helpful that the DIS shows whether passengers (rear especially) have their seat belts on or not.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Talking of rear passengers - a few different people have exclaimed how whilst it is easy to get into rear, getting out proves to be a challenge (or requires a contortionist) unless you rake the front seats forward! Anyone else find that?

I've got my one year old in a rear facing maxi-cosi car seat and the position of the rear seats relative to the door opening makes it quite awkward to plop him in his seat and get him out.

Reactions: maui
was stuck behind an X5 on the way to work this morning and every time I started breaking the parking sensors would start

I had my pre-sense kicked in today when a pedestrian crossed the road about 6-7 feet in front of me but to the left of the car so in no way would I have hit them. First the audible warning followed by a short dab of the brakes. Jeez I thought, what about the cars behind me. But yes I am seriously considering turning off the front sensors because they are way too annoying..

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Yeah, my pre-sense has gone off on average once a week. In each case for things that were not a risk and no action was needed. I'm torn between turning it off (if that's even possible) to stop the false-positives, or leaving it on because maybe one time it won't be a false positive and i'll wish I hadn't disabled it! It's staying on for now....

Was about to say the @cuke2u - I have mine set to late I think, it's not too bad, but has triggered a couple times - more in 'spirited' driving than my usual eco mode!

Reactions: Brasso
I've got my one year old in a rear facing maxi-cosi car seat and the position of the rear seats relative to the door opening makes it quite awkward to plop him in his seat and get him out.

I've got a 1 year old in an ISOfix and my dry run didn't allude to any issues but it was without baby- what's the actual problem?

Was about to say the @cuke2u - I have mine set to late I think, it's not too bad, but has triggered a couple times - more in 'spirited' driving than my usual eco mode!

Thanks, just set mine to late from medium so I hope its less obstrusive as you say...

I had my pre-sense kicked in today when a pedestrian crossed the road about 6-7 feet in front of me but to the left of the car so in no way would I have hit them. First the audible warning followed by a short dab of the brakes. Jeez I thought, what about the cars behind me. But yes I am seriously considering turning off the front sensors because they are way too annoying..
Mine has gone off twice, first when in a country lane and a cyclist came round a bend the other way (certainly woke me up!) and second on the motorway in slow moving traffic and the car in front stopped suddenly so saved my bacon then.

I wouldn't worry too much about people running into the back of you. It's their fault anyway, they shouldn't be so close. You should be able to stop without warning and not get hit.

Reactions: CGaggia and hmy7k
Well yes that goes without saying, but if then my car could be damaged which isn't a good thing. A car behind could have easily seen I would have avoided the pedestrian and wondered why I jammed on the brakes for no good reason.
It doesn't bother me now as it seems that setting it to late works, but it was very sensitive.

Pressing and holding down the configurable button * on the steering wheel brings up the menu of configurable options

Reactions: duckduck, Thundercliffe81, maui and 2 others
Not sure if this is a fault with my car or actually a feature but... when i press the accelerator down it seems to have an intermediate stop point then when i apply further pressure it goes right to the floor. When it goes to this next stage it drops down a gear.
Does anyone else have this?

Yup, that's normal, there's a kick down switch when you push the accelerator to the floor. I think it's mentioned in the manual.

Not sure if this is a fault with my car or actually a feature but... when i press the accelerator down it seems to have an intermediate stop point then when i apply further pressure it goes right to the floor. When it goes to this next stage it drops down a gear.
Does anyone else have this?

This is the kickdown feature common in many automatic cars. Think of it as a yes I really did mean floor it mode. Haven't darent use it yet in mine...

That makes sense. Useful when in D or Efficiency mode when you need to boot it.

Even with a manual gearbox it does this when your in Efficiency mode.

Another nice touch I like, when you put the car in gear the park brake light on the dash turns green.

Yes somewhat confusing though as, if you've hill hold (the £75.00 option), when you're in drive come to halt and hill hold engages on all four wheels, then switch on the handbrake it stays green, thus no indication in switching from hill hold to handbrake as it was with my A3 when it went from green to red.

After returning to your car and unlocking it (when dark), if you only open the drivers door then only the drivers reading light comes on. If you only open the passenger door, then only the passenger reading light comes on. If both doors are opened, then both lights come on

I thought it was a fault with my car. I realised it just now that that's how it works.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Jcbmally
Obscure one for those with smart watches. Installed the Audi MMI app on my phone and noticed later that a new Audi watch face had appeared on the paired Android smart watch.

Which app is this? Android doesn't have it in the play store for me. Apple has it. I'm in America, if it helps.

When approaching a roundabout, junction or built up area (change in speed limit) the "green foot" indicates in the cluster to lift, I thought it was telling me to lift for efficiency, that's why its good to read the manual :whistle2:

I've got a 1 year old in an ISOfix and my dry run didn't allude to any issues but it was without baby- what's the actual problem?
It's more that the seat itself is quite deep in relation to the door so I find my right shoulder bumping up against the door frame when wrestling the chimp into his seat.

When approaching a roundabout, junction or built up area (change in speed limit) the "green foot" indicates in the cluster to lift, I thought it was telling me to lift for efficiency, that's why its good to read the manual :whistle2:
Well, I've read the manual...more than once...and STILL don't really understand what the `green foot` is all about!

Well, I've read the manual...more than once...and STILL don't really understand what the `green foot` is all about!
It is linked to the sat-nav and recognises stretches of road such as junction/roundabouts/change in speed limits. It does this every time I am coming home down a hill to a roundabout and when I'm approaching my brothers house (going from 60mph zone to 30mph zone). Noticed it a few times out and about. Page 126 and 127 in the manual.

B9 manual

B9 manual

On the demonstrator I test drove, the foot was indeed green, but on my car it's white. Is that the case for anybody else? Possibly because I don't have ACC?

On the demonstrator I test drove, the foot was indeed green, but on my car it's white. Is that the case for anybody else? Possibly because I don't have ACC?
I don't have ACC either...and my foot is green.

Which app is this? Android doesn't have it in the play store for me. Apple has it. I'm in America, if it helps.
In the UK the Android app is called Audi MMI connect. It provides an Android watch face with a red sweeping second hand that leaves a fading trail behind it.

Attachments

• DSC_0404.JPG
    DSC_0404.JPG
    858.1 KB · Views: 213
We've discussed the all weather lights already and concluded that they light up the extremities on either side, giving a wider illuminated area. I discovered quite by accident this evening that when on full lock, they also light up, giving additional light in the direction of turn. I thought that was only featured on the matrix led's, whereas I have the bog standard led's.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Jcbmally