1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B8 Wheel bearing

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by Stuhil, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Stuhil

Stuhil Member

Sept 2010 B8 Avant Sp.Ed. Owned it since new, 23k on the clock and serviced every 12 months. Just had the F/N/S wheel bearing replaced...thankfully under warranty...just!...anyone know if this is a common issue?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Zafi

Zafi Active Member

Mine had the recal for the multitronic transmission bearing change at its 3 year end of warranty service..

Within a month one front wheel bearing had started to whine, replaced by the dealer FOC.

Then 2 months later the other side started whining so I bought the part and fitted it. Cost £109 just for the bearing, it comes in a holder that is bolted onto the hub carrier.

4. PB2.7TDI

PB2.7TDI Active Member

Sorry for bumping an old thread but just wondering Zafi which models and years were affected by this multitronic recall?
    Cheers

5. Zafi

Zafi Active Member

Phone a dealer and give them your VIN

6. Stuhil

Stuhil Member

Both front wheel bearings replaced last week at 39000 miles...can't believe I've had three wheel bearings replaced in a car thats 4.5 years old with less than 40k on the clock. Dealer blames the (factory fit) 19" rims. 99% of my driving is motorway...I've had three A4's and my wife two A3's and none have given any trouble, this might be my last Audi...can't keep splashing out £320 every 18 months for a wheel bearing, going to a local tried and tested specialst who'll supply and fit for £133 ( non Audi part)