B8 S4 intermittent smoking

bigyin

Reaction score
Mornign Fella's, Bit of a random one here.

I've noticed over the last few days when driving to work that I get smoke coming out of the exhaust when the car is fully warm. The other day i pulled up at a roundabout and the light from the car behind made the smoke apparent (similar to when a car is warming up). Then again this morning I drove to work, started to reverse into a space and gave it a slight rev, which resulted in puff of smoke. I reversed into the space and revved the engine, but nothing came of it. I once had a cupra r that had its valve stems go on me which produced lots of smoke and heavy oil consumption so I've been vigilant on every car since. Oil on DIS says its still at the max.

Is this a normal thing the car does (similiar to an old ford cougar I once owned) or is there perhaps something more to it?

My experience is limited as I've only had the car for about 8 months, but I've never seen dark smoke from the exhaust at all, even when on a rolling road revving to the redline.

May be some rubbish fuel mate do you get your fuel from anywere or only use a specific garage

What engine, Petrol, diesel, color of smoke, blue, white, black gray .

Seems to have abated now, the odd time that I caught it recently i think it looks more like steam than smoke. Coolant was a bit on the low side, so topped it up and now watching it to see if it drops again. Water pump an thermostat have been changed so shouldnt be either of those. Its under warranty regardless, so no real worries there.

Reactions: TahirS