B8 Dash area loud creak or pop

B79MJW

Reaction score
Guys.

I seem to get a loud creak or pop almost like a plastic pop due to two differing temps from the dash area.

I first thought faulty HVAC flap but nothing at all in scans. All tests passed.

Can the vent flaps simply creak and pop as they dry out or is it the actual dash and a fixing. Can they be lubricated or if it's the dash can I use silicone spray on the dash to window joint?

Any experience appreciated.

Seems to only ever do it once on a journey if that. It's loud though like a stone hitting the window loud.

Mark.

I've had this a few times recently and always put it down to the water bottle I keep in the door pocket! Would be interesting if it is something more!

Reactions: B79MJW
our B8 does this as well, sounds like its coming from the driver's side behind the clocks somewhere, we normally get it after a speed bump or some kind of movement, so I always guessed it was just the plastic clicking.

we also only get it the once per journey.

Reactions: B79MJW
Yes Neil, same here. exact location.be great to know if anyone has a fix as its the only rattle / noise I have and it seems to be like you after a movement or a speed type hump casing something to flex or transport stress. rather weird I bet the previous owner just ignored it. Be good to know if anyone has got this sorted.

Mark.

our B8 does this as well, sounds like its coming from the driver's side behind the clocks somewhere, we normally get it after a speed bump or some kind of movement, so I always guessed it was just the plastic clicking.

we also only get it the once per journey.
Sounds like a bottle noise I agree.
mark.