B8 cruise control retro fitting - long coding

aoleks

Reaction score
Hi all!

I installed a B8 cruise control stalk unit and I'm now trying to code it to work. I have a hex+can cable and I'm running the full version of VCDS. For some reason, when I open the engine module, the coding bit is greyed out. I assume I must code the cruise control through the long coder...

Is there anyone who can help me with some codes?

Any other things I need to do to make it work?

Thanks

Karl's links are pretty much spot on.

You need to code the engine and the steering module. Once done you need to calibrate the angle sensor or your dash will be like a Christmas tree and have ESP faults.

Depending what age the car is and which stalk pack you've purchased you may need to change some settings in the Central Electric module in order to keep the high beam on when the stalk springs back if it previously locked in place.

Alright, I coded the engine and steering wheel module, no errors were given, code has been accepted immediately. I didn't calibrate my steering angle, but no errors show up on dash or in vcds.

I then proceded to measure the steering wheel signals and the stalk assembly is recognised real time. If I press the button, the value changes to activated. If I pull it forward, it says cancel and so on. Every signal is correct and responds immediately.

However, The cruise control doesn't work. I tried above 30 miles, nothing happens.

Any ideas?

I've read online that the clutch position switch might be faulty, and I was already suspecting it for a while. Does anyone have a part number for an original part? Aparebtly they go for around £12 at the main dealer...