1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B8 A4 Avant S Line - Roof Bars advice?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by mpc, Jul 15, 2013.

1. mpc

mpc Member

[Jul 15, 2013]
    I am after some roof bars for my A4 Avant, its the s line model and the rails are chrome finished with what looks like 4 holes/notches on the inside of each rail to receive the clamp fixing (i presume?)

Can anyone advise which ones to get and where from?

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jul 15, 2013]
    Audi would be your best bet, some chassis had a retrofit kit, I can see a kit but its not specific for roof rails &its way cheaper than it should be which signifies to me its not for the rails, we can check if there's a kit & offer a supply/fit solution if so.
  4. mpc

mpc Member

[Jul 16, 2013]
    Sent you a PM, please get back to me with a quote
  5. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Lead boot

[Jul 16, 2013]
    I have the Audi bars. I noticed last weekend at the local garage that the bike carriers are Thule 591's rebranded, so makes me wonder whether Thule have similar roof bars.
  6. longp2

longp2 Member

[Jul 17, 2013]
    The Thule ones are great, the notches on the rails indicate where to position the feet.
  7. Soft lad

Soft lad Member

[Jul 17, 2013]
    I have all Thule, got a good deal on the feet and bars from Motoman along with the top box, the 591 prorides from Amazon and also a ski carrier from Ford. Excellent kit.

The first pick is of my first A4. If you use the clamp type feet that comes with the box, you seriously restrict the space in the box as the wind up clamps knobs inside are huge so I was told to get the T track bolts for £15 which gives more space inside and allows you to put 2 bikes on as the T track bolts go right to the end.

The second pic is just the box. I wish I'd bought the Thule slide out bars now, more expensive but far easier to load.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Lead boot

[Jul 18, 2013]