B8 A4 Avant S-Line in Lava Grey

Andy101

Reaction score
Guys it has been worth the wait.....
Apologies for the dirty car but grabbed 5 minutes between the heavy rain !!

2008_09_10_001333.jpg

2008_09_10_001334.jpg

2008_09_10_001335.jpg

2008_09_10_001336.jpg

2008_09_10_001337.jpg

2008_09_10_001338.jpg

2008_09_10_001339.jpg

Lol theres too many lucky owners on this forum! Congratulations another lovely looking Avant - and it doesn't look dirty to me :icon_thumright: I think they look so much better than the saloons, still not 100% convinced by the back, but it is certainly better than the saloons! Love the interior too!

Enjoy :salute:

Looks spot mate. What engine is it? Those rear rotors look huge! Excellent colour too! :o.k:

Great lookin mota Andy!

Should be ordering next week – I know 10 weeks is quick but will feel like a long time!
Had pretty much narrowed it down to Quartz Grey or Monza Silver although i haven’t seen Monza in the flesh yet!
The saloon I test drove and my current car is Lava grey so thought I’d go for some thing different, but now after seeing your car i can't decide!

Just been lookin at White A4's pics very nice! Would like window tints as an option but guess I’ll have to get it done afterwards!

Talking of options (thanks for the PM) why do you say the interior light pack is a must?

This is what I’ve got so far:-

19's 7 spoke double arm
20mm sport suspension
Folding mirrors (the are huge!)
Nav
cruise
leather
heated seats
B&O
AMI
Phone prep low
Storage pack (my son won’t forgive me if I don’t keep the cup holder in the rear arm rest).

Can't really afford anymore but would like parking sensors - just trying to twist the dealers arm!

Keef, you can order privacy glass, it's just not in the brochures, £325 I recall. I only found out after the order was locked.

The interior light pack gives you a light in the glovebox, vanity mirror lights (I'm not suggesting anything here !!) lights on various bits of instrumentation, front footwell lights, lights on doors (as opposed to a reflector) rear reading lights (to find your cup holder). All in all it gives the interior a big lift in the dark for minimal cost.

If you're gonna run 19's you might also want to consider Servotronic PAS and also the tyre pressure monitoring as with a 255/35/19 tyre you will not spot the loss of pressure.

Have a read around about the leather, there is a problem with it bagging after only a month or so. There are a few posts on other forums which suggest there is mounting pressure on Audi to get it sorted. That said they already have your money so don't hold your breath. The standard cloth/leather combo looks the biz.

Get your options right first time as once the order is locked that's it.

I think you have a few sleepless nights on your way !!

Marc1 - Its a 143 TDI - with a remap on the agenda.
Quattrojames- I guess the lava hides the grime !

Andy,

That's a lovely looking car.
I am due to collect mine from the dealer on Monday, don't think I'll be able to sleep this weekend!

I noticed you are thinking of a remap, who have you considered for this?
When are you planning to get it done? straight away, or wait for things to bed in a bit?

On order... S line 2.0 TDI 143 Avant, Quartz Grey, Sat Nav, Heated front seats, Leather Milano, Bluetooth phone prep low, Power boot lid closing, Electric folding mirrors, Removable tow bar, 19’’ Double spoke alloys, Advanced key, Parking advanced, AMI, Through load facility, Hill hold assist

Jordi7 – should be ordering early next week – very similar to spec to yours – any chance of seeing some pics of yours (inside & out)?

Also I don’t believe that a remap / bluefin or similar is available for the new 143 common rail diesel engine yet.
I have posted under the tuning heading but with no reply!

Andy – Thanks for all the info. Thought I had picked my final spec, but not so sure now (thanks!).
If not all leather what seats have you got? The photo of your seat doesn’t look like the brochure?
Is it leather side with just plain black cloth?? If so was that at additional cost?
If i lose the leather that's money to spend on other options!

Sorry for all the question but want to get it right!

Keef

Keef,

I will post pics as soon as I get the chance.
Expecting a call from garage Monday to say its ready to collect early evening.

Forgot to mention I'm having the windows tinted before collection, I wanted to order them on the car but it wasn't available to spec until week 42??
Anyway, getting them done by a guy who has done all my cars for the last few years, so not too bothered about that.

The remap is by MTM which can be done by the Audi Dealer. The beauty of this is that they dealer knows about it when it goes in for servicing and the the Warranty remains valid. Waiting on some info from MTM, cost circa £800 puts power of 143 upto 180-190. Still thinking on this one but would certainly want to cover at least 5k before moving on it.

The seats are standard S-Line Seats. Leather sides on base and back with cloth infill. Will post another couple of pictures if the rain holds off tomorrow.

Very nice Andy - I love black cars but have been tempted with dark grey ones recently - they seem to add a little extra to black but retain the dark and mysterious look!!

Well chaps, I collected my lovely new A4 on Monday as arranged, spent a couple of hours in the garage last night reading the handbook and generally have a drool over the thing..................Got to work, then set off out to look at a job in Leeds, stopped at a red light (as you do), whilst waiting for the lights to change..........wallop!!! some dozy bit*h rear ended me.
I cant' believe it!!
My new pride and joy, less than 12 hours old with only 62 miles on the clock, in a shunt!!!
Aaargghh!!!

So spent most of today, filling in insurance forms, getting the car looked at, visit to A+E etc,etc,etc.
Just what I didn't want.

Luckily,(nothing lucky about this) all it needs is a complete rear bumper,approx 1k fitted.
To say I'm upset is an understatement, i could have literally sobbed my heart out at the scene.

So you'll have to wait for the photos

Jordi

Nightmare mate, that is rotten luck. Hope you get it sorted soon!

:angrymod:

Very nice looking car...& Jordi7, very unlucky...glad to hear it is only a new bumper & no major injuries.

I wish I could afford to buy new, but I am currently holding out 'til next year to see what the 2nd hand market has to offer. The problem is I am looking for the 2.0T petrol...so I think I will be waiting a long time! Standard S-Line brand new is a few £k outside my price range...
:sob:

must say great looking car. Never really been into any of the a4's but now im interested. I got a lava grey a3 such a good colour not to dark or too bright. Just confused car ha
Really sorry to hear about the car but glad nothing serious
Hope to hear you got the car back on the road

Finally had a call from VW bodyshop to says parts have arrived. Dropped the car off this morning, should be ready to collect Tuesday:yes:
As the B8 is so new the bumper was on back order:wtf:

If you remember the car had done approx 62 miles in total before some dozy Bi*** ran into the back of me.

Looking forward to taking some pics this weekend and posting them on here

Jordi7

Pity they cant stick the handbrake electronics on the 8P, ****** annoying with the armrest I tell yer.

Also again I say it has alot of lines from rear of the 3 Series, I'm sure its very similar styling.

hi there,
i took delivery of my new A4 avant at the end of september,brilliant red with the bang & olufsen sound system.
not very impressed with the speakers(ugly plain plastic grills on rear doors and cargo area) and have found that the leather is starting to go saggy already!!
anybody else found the same problems?

The remap is by MTM which can be done by the Audi Dealer. The beauty of this is that they dealer knows about it when it goes in for servicing and the the Warranty remains valid. Waiting on some info from MTM, cost circa £800 puts power of 143 upto 180-190. Still thinking on this one but would certainly want to cover at least 5k before moving on it.

Any info on the map yet Andy, I'm on the look out too!

Have now decided not to go for the remap. The 143 has bedded in nicely now its covered 12,000. Most of my driving is on the motorway so power isn't such an issue, that combined with the price of diesel these days I'm tending to take it a bit more easy and returning between 48 and 52mpg on a steady run of 200 miles or so.

Just think what mpg you could get after a remap! ;)