B8 2.0TDI - Couple of questions

RainbowShooter

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I'm having some strange issues with my 2.0TDI, with what I think is the clutch. Sometimes when accelerating the clutch seems to slip a little, the revs and engine noise increase slightly, only by 1k or so RPM and the little gear indicator in the bottom left of the DIS disappears as if the car is in neutral. The car still how power so it's not disengaging completely if that is the issue. Any other thoughts? As a mentioned before, it's not all the time. notice it maybe 4/5 times a week?

Secondly, the car is at 59k and I believe it is recommended to get the timing belt changed at around 75k which i'll get to before the end of the year. Is there anything else worth getting changed around the same time?

All the best.
Dave

Interesting, it's going in for a service in the next week or so and I'll ask them to take a look then!

Hi Gareth, not yet. It's in Audi on Friday and I'm going to mention it to them then. I've not actually had any issues with it for a while so it's pretty hard to show to someone when the fault doesn't happen all the time! Will keep you updated

Ok thanks for the reply. Mine happens now and again aswell sometimes when I try and get it to jump it won't lol
It does seem to always happen more often when the engine is cold. Hope to hear from you about it soon
Thanks

Cant help with the clutch question but I had my timing belt changed at 81000 miles, and if changing the belt I would also get the pump done at the same time.