B7 Xenon Headlight Adaptive or Non-adaptive?

maikysupra

Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased a driver's side Xenon headlight of eBay incl. ballast with was meant to be a non-adaptive version (according to seller). The unit arrived couple of days later and i could tell that it wasn't exactly the same item as pictured on eBay as this one came with clear indicator (eBay pictures showed orange one). The unit seems to in very good condition so I'm not complaining;) However, I.m a bit confused whether the headlight is indeed non-adaptive version as told by the seller or the adaptive version instead. The headlamp's part number is 8E0 941 004 BQ which I'm struggling to find anywhere (8E0941003/004BN seem to be non-adaptive while 8E0941029/030BQ are adaptive), but the ballast's part number is 8E0941329A (307329154) which appears to be the adaptive one (according to same ones on eBay).. I'm trying to find a matching type for the other side so I can do the xenon retrofit, just not sure now if to look for a non-adaptive or adaptive version...

IMG 1378

IMG 1379

If you can test them somehow the adaptives do a self test on startup left to right as well as up and down.

Just to answer my own thread.. After a few hours on Google, I've finally came to a concusion that this unit is an adaptive one indeed... (Can provide references if someone interested:)

Oh and the ballasts shouldn't matter, they are only supplying power to the bulbs.

A4_MajiK - I'm happy to be corrected if wrong, but I believe that the ballast matters as the adaptive version also controlls the motors and is larger than the non adaptive version so it would not even fit into the adaptive headlamp's housing.

A4_MajiK - I'm happy to be corrected if wrong, but I believe that the ballast matters as the adaptive version also controlls the motors and is larger than the non adaptive version so it would not even fit into the adaptive headlamp's housing.

You're probably right seeing as you've done some research so I shall stand corrected. I've learnt something nevertheless. Glad to see you've come to a conclusion. :beerchug:

but I believe that the ballast matters as the adaptive version also controlls the motors and is larger than the non adaptive version so it would not even fit into the adaptive headlamp's housing.
It may also depend on if it's a bi-xenon or not, the bi-xenon would prob be a larger ballast and single xenon smaller ballast.