1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B7 to B6 "Upgrade"?

viceroy Mar 9, 2012

1. viceroy

viceroy Active Member

I currently drive a B7 2.0T with 55k on the clock. Still have 6k miles left on Audi Freeway Plan.

I may be able to get a B6 S4 Avant in great condition for a good price, but not sure going to a B6 (even if it's an S4) would be a good idea.

What do you think?

2. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi A4 S-line owners group

I have owned 3 B6 saloons (1.8T stage 2 x2 1.9 TDI x1 stage 1), all were excellent, I moved upto B7 and although I love it, IMHO it's just not as good as the B6, for me the B6 just felt more solid & I definately put it through it's paces :racer:. So I say do it and ship your crackin' B7 to me, cheers.

Mac

viceroy likes this.
  3. viceroy

viceroy Active Member

Going to look at the car tomorrow.
    if things go my way, I may be able to keep the B7 too :)

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

I wouldnt have a B6 S4 unless you have a fuel tanker behind you mate, had 1 for 2 years & it was a sublime car, but fuel was abismal & the power just let me down, figures looked good on paper, but weight killed the car simple as that.

B7 3.0 tdi is another story, economy, power & with a nice remap it goes to 300bhp easily, lovely engine really is.