1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B7 S-line suspension?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by mossya41.8t, Sep 29, 2009.

1. mossya41.8t

mossya41.8t Member

Hi sorry if this has already been asked, tried a search but no joy.
    I'm just wondering if s-line shocks and springs from a B7 2.0T Quattro S-line will fit my B6 1.8T SE front wheel drive ok.
    I'm in the process of upgrading the wheels to the 18" s-lines and would like to have it look lower than being on stilts, but want to keep the car OEM.
    Or if anyone got some sport shockers/springs from a B6 i'd be interested to know.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

The underpinnings are effectively the same between B6 and B7 so it should work just fine as far as i know.

The only issue might be quattro cars weigh a bit more, so it might not quite lower it as much.
  3. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I would think it would lift the rear up a little but the front would be fine.
  4. mossya41.8t

mossya41.8t Member

Cheers for the replies, yeah I never thought about the rear springs having to carry the extra weight.
    Just seen some springs in classified and thought they'd be ideal.
  5. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

they'd probaly be a fair bit firmer and as mentioned, might ride a bit higher at the back, but should still be fine.... if it's not gonna be too much hassle to fit then, then certainly worth a try!