1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B7 grill on B6 Cabriolet?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by goodhixy, Nov 19, 2007.

1. goodhixy

goodhixy New Member

Hi - sorry if this has been done to death but couldn't find much via a search.

As a previous A4 S line Avant & A3 DSG S line owner I have decided to sell my BMW 320CD and go for a B6 cabriolet - once purchased I will get a remap, 19" RS4 wheels and HOPEFULLY the B7 grill - any ideas on where to get one and the process I would need to follow, the car is likely to be Phantom Black

Thanks in advance:icon_thumright:
  2. A4 TC

A4 TC 1.8T quattro sline

heres a link mate http://www.hofele.com/design/en/Audi_A4_Cabrio/audi_a4_b6_8h_cabrio_front_bumper_elegance.html

Ive done the same but with a saloon atleast you dont have to add an extension on this coversion looks like it should be a direct replacement. good company to deal with easy comunication,
  3. goodhixy

goodhixy New Member

Thanks for that mate, do you have to get it sprayed or do they come pre painted with Audi colors??
  4. andyccr

andyccr 2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

I have dealt with the guys at Hofele before, they will paint it but they don't normally like sending it painted ! All the stuff I have seen has been good quality. At least this conversion allows you to keep your B6 headlamps rather than doing the full on B7 front end.
  5. Silver Quattro

Silver Quattro 1st Quattro Deffo not my last...

I'd highly recommend Hofele nothing but a great service from Andreas the sales manager,received my Hofele bumper all in time stated packaged to the highest standard had a tow bar cap missing which was sent out to me straight away after alerting Andreas via email no ifs no buts.:icon_thumright:
  6. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

Gotta say, the cabrio version looks so much better than the saloon/avant version. If the saloon version looked like that, I'd jump at it.
  7. Andy D

Andy D Member

I'd love to do this conversion but due to my cackhandedness will not even think about attempting it.

Surely this conversion would mean replacing the bonnet of the B6 as itsweeps down between the headlights?
  8. andyccr

andyccr 2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

9. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

That looks nice on the cab dont it.

But how does it wrok with the grill?does the whole grill come up with the bonnet??sounds daft I know...
  10. Andy D

Andy D Member

I just read the installation guide, TBH I think it wouldn't be long before the cracks started appearing between the extension abd the bonnett due to the uk roads and my sport spec suspension.

Anyone done a proper facelift conversion, I know a guy who done it on his vectra, cost him 400 quid from ebay for genuine Vauxhall parts and he was lucky enough to get the front end of a black Vectra VXR, his was a pre facelift black vectra Elite, so no spraying just a lot of unbolting then bolting!

Seen it a couple of times and had a really close look at all the gaps etc, it looks brilliant!