B7 Cabriolet roof problem

English T

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a 2006 cab and I found hydraulic oil leaking from a strut when I opened the roof. I cleaned the oil away but the roof will not close so I have had to do this manually.

Would the leak cause the pump to stop working? (oil level sensor?)
How easy is it to top it up (so that I can prove or disprove my assumption) and then replace the strut.

I have just sold the car and obviously need to get it working for the new owner before they collect.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Hi All

I have a 2006 cab and I found hydraulic oil leaking from a strut when I opened the roof. I cleaned the oil away but the roof will not close so I have had to do this manually.

Would the leak cause the pump to stop working? (oil level sensor?)
How easy is it to top it up (so that I can prove or disprove my assumption) and then replace the strut.

I have just sold the car and obviously need to get it working for the new owner before they collect.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Kind Regards

If there is no fluid then yes the roof will not function, which ram is leaking?
To top the fluid up you have to remove the driverside boot lining, also I'd recommend to perform a commutator clean and brush check whilst you have it open. I've written a guide on this....

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...et-soft-top-roof-hood-motor-repair-guide.html