1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B7 aircon control unit - question

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by jbcalvin, Dec 16, 2011.

1. jbcalvin

jbcalvin Member

Hi guys,

Have managed to acquire a B7 aircon control unit that also has the heated seat controls in it. I have fitted it and also carried out the wiring modification with a 30A relay as per Woorlords guide.

The question I have is this, it hasn't been coded in yet and when I press the button for the heated rear screen, it illuminates for appx 1 second and then goes out, my heated rear screen and mirrors also are not working.

Do the control units with the heated seats options have different wiring from a normal one, and if so how does this effect Woorlords guide, do I maybe need to change some pin positions on the wiring loom connector at the back, or is this purely a problem relating to the fact it hasn't been coded.....

The only other thing I can think of is that I have been sold a duff unit that doesn't have the heated rear screen working, if so can you open these units up and replace parts or do I ask for a refund from the e-bay seller......

Cheers in advance

Steve
  2. benjie

benjie Active Member

The B7 units do not have a relay in them that the B6 units do have. I had the sme problem, had to get myself a relay and wire it up. If you PM me your e-mail address, I will send you the documents.
  3. scottshere

scottshere Member

Have you still got the old unit?
    If so are you looking to sell it? and what condition are the buttons?
    (just need a button donor)
  4. jbcalvin

jbcalvin Member

Benjie, I have carried out the wiring loom mod as stated in the post, just unsure as to whether there is any difference in doing this for a unit with heated seats...

Scottshere, buttons are marked, it's one of the reasons I have switched to the B7 unit, along with the increase in temp range and option to retrofit heated seats at some point...

Can anyone actually help with the problem....