1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B7 A4 Questions

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by neillsmyth, Aug 13, 2009.

1. neillsmyth

neillsmyth New Member

Basically I have bought a 2005 a4 tdi se and want to replace a few things, hopefully you can help me…

I want to change the front bumper to the s-line bumper, is this a direct change over as in will it fit straight on or are there any problems?

I want to get my ipod to work through the concert headunit, whats required for this?

I also plan to put a set of 18'' rims on the a4 and lower it accordingly, can anyone recommend any suspension set-ups that they have used and liked?

Cheers
  2. neillsmyth

neillsmyth New Member

No one?
  3. Yellowtrophy

Yellowtrophy Member

You can fit the front bumper, but you'll also need a new main grille, and also the foglight surrounds, as they are both a different shape. Not sure if the actual fog lights themselves are transferrable - they probably are.

Dension do a Gateway unit for the A4, and it will apparently work with the Concert head unit. However, there is currently NO available solution that will allow you to display your ipod data (track/album names etc) on the screen of the head unit.

At least 18" wheels are a must if you want to make your car look like an S-Line, and you will need to lower the standard suspension too. You could use genuine Audi S-Line kit, buy lowering springs (Eibach or Neuspeed are good) or go for a full coil-over solution from someone like KW (expensive but excellent) or AP (budget but still good).

Hope this helps.
  4. bugwhizz

bugwhizz Member

I can definately recommend the AP set up as i ran this on a passat estate and i currently run it on my mk5 golf, excellent, comfy but firm ride!

Weitec also do a good kit as i also ran this on a passat estate, i'll be fitting AP to the 3.0 tdi A4 i have now when funds permit.

2 yr guarantee with the AP units too so fit and forget!
  5. auroan

auroan Active Member

I'm running an A4 on weitec springs. Mines up for sale but I think the market is rubbish at the mo and I won't let it go for a silly price. So may keep it and just get a better estate than the Felly I'm running.

My intention is to get mine to S-line esq spec as well. It's already lowered and has the S-line interior. Just need the alloys and body additions.

I'm in the process of figuring out what's needed for the front and rear. I think all I need is a new boot lid for the rear, but the front is giving me headaches on what is actually needed.
  6. droppedaudia4

droppedaudia4 Member

i just got my car back today it got a s-line front transplant

all i needed was the bumper , center grill, fog lights, fog light surrounds and number plate surround but the mistake i made was that if ur car is petrol make sure that your donor bumper is off a petrol or vise versa because of the intercooler feed on diesels
  7. neillsmyth

neillsmyth New Member

So really i just need a complete bumper set up then...

Is the grill bigger or something..?
  8. Yellowtrophy

Yellowtrophy Member

Yes, the grille is bigger - or deeper anyway. Also, it is a different design (strokes are more prominent vertically, as opposed to the more prominent horizontal strokes on the non-s-line).
  9. kendo36

kendo36 New Member

had this done 2 my a4 as well ,as far as i know it was easy fitting but a small bit of trimming had 2 be done of intercooler vent and was able 2 use my own fog lamps