1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B7 2006 4S4 Saloon lights

Discussion in 'RS4 Forum (B5 and B7 Chassis)' started by S321BAD, Oct 16, 2013.

1. S321BAD

S321BAD Member

[Oct 16, 2013]
    Hi,

i am hoping someone here can help...

My car has developed a problem with the adaptive xenons - sometimes the left flickers and then switches off and sometimes the right side does it. if i keep flicking the light switch on and off the problem goes away and they are fine?

Bulbs or ballasts? which ones do i get (without going to audi?)? exact spec for my car?

Secondly, i have tried two sets of xenon led number plate bulbs from ebay (both claiming to be error free and for my car) - both brought up an error on my dash. where can i get the error free ones specifically for my car?

any help would be much appreciated?

thanks.

Rick
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 26, 2014]

3. ricostuart

ricostuart Active Member

[Oct 16, 2013]
    had a similar issue when I first bought my s4, and I changed the bulbs which solved the issue. Get a new set from halfords to test. If that doesn't solve the issue, then its new ballasts which are crazy expensive (especially if you have the turning ones!)

The error free leds generally are ****. the car uses resistance measurements to detect if the bulb is there or not. Normal bulbs have a relatively high internal resistance, whereas leds do not. The error free ones have an inbuilt inline resistor of a certain range that is meant to fool the system into thinking all is well. Unfortunately you never know what resistance has been put in (or how accurate it is). The best thing is getting a standard led with a proper inline resistor that you put in yourself. Much more accurate and no errors. Plenty of diy's and how-to's on here and audizine.
  4. S321BAD

S321BAD Member

[Oct 17, 2013]
    Cheers Rico - just ordered some osram's from HID directs..hoping they do the trick. ordered the xenon error free number plate bulbs from the same place too so will update and let everyone know if they work.
  5. S321BAD

S321BAD Member

[Oct 29, 2013]
    just to let you guys know - fitted the xenons they seem fine at the minute.

the xenon bulbs didnt work.