B7 2.0tfsi BUL Revo avant boosting issues

d4dubs

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just to introduce myself, not used the forum for a long while but got a bit of an issue with my Audi A4.

Is the 2.0tfsi se limited edition. Avant (BUL 220hp) Quattro

Mods undertaken so far

Pipercross panel filter
Dv+ with latest revision diverter valve
Cat back stainless steel exhaust
Revo map

Recently developed a boosting issue which progressively got worse and car revs or idles high at standstill (over 1.5k)

Emissions light came on only recently and boost is intermitent, normally ok when you first start out a drive from cold.

I changed the pcv valve and this fixed the idle issue, which is now spot on, the emissions light has also gone out.

Had it on a vagcom and some codes about boost spike etc..

Recon it's going into limp mode regularly, however what could the problem be? Do you think the n75 boost controller valve?

I'm looking to replace this but see that this is located on the turbo so a bit awkward to do myself I believe.

I don't seem to have any other vaccum leaks, as on a motorway run if my foot is pressed on the gas for a while building up speed (in limp mode) it sometimes surges and all of a sudden I get boost again for a short while, then randomly back into limp mode.

A little frustrating as the car is a daily runner.

Any thoughts?

Deano

I had similar , changed all the usual bits n75 and diverter valve . ended up changing the turbo actuator ( which is a mare of a job) but mine is ok now....