1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B7 2.0t FSI 4 Wheel Drive System No Electronic Dif!!!

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by jey, Jun 15, 2010.

1. jey

jey Member

Just had the car remaped and the guy couldnt put it on the dyno as the car is perment 4x4, he said its the bog standard type of 4x4 ie the front wheels turn and so do the back!

bit susprised at this on 2006 quattro SE, anyone any thoughts or info theyd like to share??
  2. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

It's true.
    Even if it had an electronic diff, he would need a 4wd dyno.
  3. goon

goon Member

haldex diffs on s3 and tt have given problems (expensive ones) so be thankful its "bog standard" If he didnt dyno it how do you know its264bhp?
  4. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member

As above all A3, S3, TT models are haldex, A4/s/rs, A6/s/rs, Q7, A8/s are all permanent 4 wheel drive, I'm surprised the tuner did not know this, it's been like this for over 10 years!
  5. solaris

solaris Member

Hi,
    I was facing the same problem IMO torsion diffs are far better. I hate Haldex!...It's possible to drop the drive shaft to dyno on 2 wheels (point less) some garages will be reluctant to do this.
    luckly the garage down the road has a 4wd dyno dynamics roller so i'll be heading that way after my car's been mapped.
  6. p1tse

p1tse Member

what remap did you go for?

i assume the figures were estimate, maf reading calculations from vagcom etc.?
  7. jey

jey Member

the figures are an acturate estimate, this model has a fwd version which the tuner has mapped tones of and they all come out no more than 5bhp more or less.

rowdyboy electronic dif allows u to pull the fuse for either front or rear to disable it so 4wd rollin road isnt needed.