B6 Wierd acting Central Locking/Alarm/Immobilser etc.

Legacy87

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've got some problems with my 1.9 TDI B6 (2001).

When i got the car i noticed that the front doors didn't lock, obviously this is an issue as the car doesnt have manual locking pins etc, as one would expect.

The indicators do not flash when locking (with fob) but do with Fob Unlock. The interior button on the door to lock/unlock works but again only for the rear doors.

Now my instincts tell me to buy a couple of new door locks, are these common to fail?

However i found that the wiring on the drivers door has been "tampered" with at some point the multiplug has been broken and removed/hard wired into the dash loom, i untaped and rechecked/soldered all the wires, theres no issues there.

If i place the key in the drivers door and lock it it locks the drivers door and both rear doors, same for unlock, again passenger lock does nothing at all, when locked the LED in the drivers door flashes, but this doesnt happen when locking with the fob.

Up until now nothing has changed, but today its started randomly locking and unlocking the back doors, asif its trying to lock an open door, noticing its open and unlocking it again. This happens every few mins.

Any advice at all would be massively apreciated!
Can anybody tell me which of the mass of wires going into the central locking motor i could test to ensure power is getting there properly?

Recheck the wires at the door very common

Or check under pass seat for damp wet carpet could be your CCM

I am 99.9% sure the wiring in the drivers door is fine, ive unplugged the passenger door to ensure that there is no short in the wiring.

I will check the CCM tomorrow. anything else?

id recheck the wireing at the door
may look ok but look close some of the thin wires break and look ok

I removed all of the new/taped up wires and replaced them with fresh cable, they are fine, also continuity tested from either side of the joins.

do the mirrors work
so is the plug missing ?

the plug on the chassis was damaged, asin it didnt sit in its hole it was just flopping around behind the panel, then the one for the door was no better it was superglued into the socket and left inside the panel.

So i have now removed the plug completely and hard wired it as a temporary measure until i come across a pair of decent plugs to replace it with.