B6 Useful Ebay finds

Does that Kit really just replace the original bulbs and fit perfect as for £50 that seem like a good deal.

VRBOB - worth bearing in mind that it's actually illegal to fit those without the auto-levelling balasts/suspension and washers.

Most people seem to get away with it even though it should technically fail an MOT: if it has Xenons, the washers and auto-levelling should be tested, so probably only really an issue in France where les gendarmes love an excuse to pull GB plates over (checking for spare bulbs, non-compliant headlights and GPS/radar/laser camera detectors).... the latter of which is a €1500 fine!

Cheers Lostbok yeah i thought they had to have the washers but i kinda like the xenons i had on my old S3 and for the money that looked like a good mod.

Maybe once i have done the RNS-E etc i may think about it

Most people seem to get away with it even though it should technically fail an MOT: if it has Xenons, the washers and auto-levelling should be tested
Who told you this ?

No mate who told him that it was anything to do with MOTs ?
i knew thet were technically illegal but so are 100w bulbs but if there set up correctly with a good beam pattern i personally dont see a problem.

It is illegal - so if you fit one and the headlights are creating glare because of poor beam pattern or difracting light into oncoming traffic due to the lens not being cleaned, you will get pulled and that is the law that they will quote to you:

From the DoT link:
In the Department's view it is not legal to sell or use after market HID lighting kits, for converting conventional Halogen headlamps to HID Xenon. If a customer wants to convert his vehicle to Xenon HID he must purchase completely new Xenon HID headlamps..... Once fitted to the vehicle it must have headlamp cleaning and self-levelling (which can be for the headlamp or can be in the vehicle suspension - some expensive estate cars have "self-levelling suspension" and that is adequate). Also the dipped beam must stay on with the main beam.

It is illegal - so if you fit one and the headlights are creating glare because of poor beam pattern or difracting light into oncoming traffic due to the lens not being cleaned, you will get pulled and that is the law that they will quote to you:

From the DoT link:

i always keep my car clean, its my passion with the red, looks good but looks amazing when clean !!! So i keep her spotless :)

Plus its not a "Law" hense why it says in the departments view!

as i said i see no problem with the B6 as it has Xenon approved headlamps and adjustable beams. so all its missing is the washing jets, which from what i can tell on my dads car, do not work very well.

are these suitable for a B6/B7 then it doesnt say

are these suitable for a B6/B7 then it doesnt say
Hi paul20v the picture is not very clear but they do look like the aero arms fitted generally to the B7 but also on some later B6s'. If I didn't have any I would have had them by now. Well worth the money.;)

Thanks for the reply i took a chance and bought them for that money it was worth a chance
thanks again for the reply cheers
Paul

Interior Ambient Light kits from Ebay for Front and Rear roof light clusters.

Fully tested these kits myself and work a treat.

I agree. Worth a go for £20, tempted myself as an 'investment' lol!
Good job you didnt there for cabs only not saloon or avant because the drivers one is different didnt even check the passenger side
****** :(

Good job you didnt there for cabs only not saloon or avant because the drivers one is different didnt even check the passenger side
****** :(

I didn't know cabs had different wiper arms, whats the part numbers on the back of them?

8H something there not here at the moment ,
audi dealer said the part numbers were for cab only gutted
i wondered as most stuff for the B6 is 8E part numbers so i rang them and that was that
offering them up the drivers side wont sit on the screen properly
so i have some aero wipers for sale for a cab :laugh:

I am actually starting to like the look of the S4 Avus alloys over the RS6 18" alloys I have as they are nowhere near as common as the RS6's, and they really look the business on Niknaks motor !!!

However, I really don't think I can convince the wife tho....so, if anyone out there in Audi land fancies swapping their 18" Avus S4 alloys for a set of RS6's replicas (plus maybe "some" cash) then let me know.......

Last edited:
Johnboy - Surely you can sweeten her up somehow :eyebrows:
They would look the dogs on yours. I like them more and more but Id have to have 19" though which is a shame!

I think the seller is dreaming isn't he ? Last time I priced one of these for someone they were only like £55-60 brand new!

Yer I thought the price was a bit high, even with the plastic surround and cig lighter.