B6 to B7 any advise welcome

scottshere

Reaction score
Hi guys/gals

I have a B6 at the moment and looking to change to a 2007 2.0TDI avant
The one i have seen has just short of 100k and the guy is wanting £7500 for it, does that sound about right?
What do i want to be looking out for when i view it and ive read on here about the oil pump/balance shaft failure
Would this be a problem with this model (not read the thread fully yet, but it is huuuuuuge)

Thanks for any input :thumbsup:
(i may sell the B6 after i buy this one :wacko: )

Hi scottshere. Just been on autotrader and there are a few avants available with around 75000 miles on them for around £7700 .depending on whether it,s an s line and the condition plus spec I think it,s about the right price.. Good luck:footy:

Hi guys/gals

I have a B6 at the moment and looking to change to a 2007 2.0TDI avant
The one i have seen has just short of 100k and the guy is wanting £7500 for it, does that sound about right?
What do i want to be looking out for when i view it and ive read on here about the oil pump/balance shaft failure
Would this be a problem with this model (not read the thread fully yet, but it is huuuuuuge)

Thanks for any input :thumbsup:
(i may sell the B6 after i buy this one :wacko: )

Yes is the answer to your question, but at what mileage I can't advise. keep the car long enough and YOU will eventually have this problem irrespective of what anyone else may advise. The 2.0 tdi in the B7 units is a Dog . Worse in the 2005/2006 BLB engine coded units but still a bad unit in the later 2.0 tdi units. Audi have a LOT to answer for.............................

Cheers for the advise guys

Am i right in thinking that i should look an 09 plate onwards to avoid this issue/dog engine?
Wish i could find a nice 2.7 quattro 07 plate.. but it isnt easy :)
(really need an avant)

and if i was to buy the 07 plate 2.0tdi..... (here is me thinking... :uhm:)
I read that someone in pontifract got his balanceshaft replaced for £600 all in... Maybe that would then give me a sound car?

I had very little issues with My B7, EGR replaced under warranty & auto gear selector fault (small plastic part snapped) Howerver I got shot just before it hit the 100K mark. If I was got to buy another A4 at the momet it would be the B8 even with the 100K + miles. The B8 has almost been around for 5 years now and there are very few issues with the 2.0TDi engines, judging by the B8 forums & compairing to the B7 forums.