B6 S4, or a B7 2.0T Quattro?

lol i was told to research forums so i did and here ya go....

Don't worry mate. I will have a chance to find out very soon on my own 2.0T if I decide to buy it.
BTW. If you can get so easily 300bhp with milltek, remap and induction kit, why do you run only 264bhp?

What a LOL. It just shows that discussion with you is pointless.

your the **** m8, yes the're 2.7 but u stated the k03 wont flow 300bhp but yet the k03 is flowing 300+bhp in there 2.7 a4's, doent matter the engine size, if it wont flow it it wont flow it...

i dont have C.I.D or sports cat to get that bhp, ive a turbo bk milltek and map atm..

your the **** m8, yes the're 2.7 but u stated the k03 wont flow 300bhp but yet the k03 is flowing 300+bhp in there 2.7 a4's, doent matter the engine size, if it wont flow it it wont flow it...

i dont have C.I.D or sports cat to get that bhp, ive a turbo bk milltek and map atm..

:sign_omg:

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: This is getting funnier and funnier every time you post.

The 2.7 S4 engine has 2..... thats TWO, as in double, as in 1 + 1 as in II ... KO3 turbochargers. Thats 1 PER bank of 3 cyclinders in a v6. So an S4 pumping out 350bhp will (for the sake of dumming it down to a level you may understand) "is only pushing 175bhp per turbo".

:huh:

and another thing that engine size DOES matter in the total amount of hp,

never get a 30 bhp increase with a filter kit on these cars boy.

goon u keep outa it wee boy.. *** the golf got 44hp gain from the itg.... so ur sayin the torquetroix tunner is putting the stage 3 into these cars and then handing out a fake read out graph even though u stand and watch...

revo say they can put these engines to 275bhp by map alone...

Last edited:
this thread has now become a boring argument

i got the s4's wrong didnt know the were bi turbo..

revo sent me this reply, still do more than 270bhp

Hi Jason;

Those are some very optimistic power figures! I can honestly say I’ve never seen a K03 car do over an honest 285-290BHP without changing the turbo…..

To be honest the package that you’ve linked to is very cheap keeping in mind the RRP of the products, just to give you an idea of price;
  • TBE exhaust with sports CAT around £1100+
  • HPFP £350+
  • ITG intake £350+
  • Stage 2+ ECU software £599+VAT
So for the hardware alone you’re looking at a RRP of £1800+

http://www.backdraftmotorsport.com/2-0tfsik03s2.html this is the sort of money I would expect to pay for a full stage2+ package, again the figures are a little optimistic but no too far off as you’d also be receiving a up rated intercooler!

I hope this is of some help!

Best Regards
Carl Saunders
Technical Support
Revo Developments Limited

This e-mail is confidential and may contain legally privileged information; it is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the addressee you must not read, use, distribute copy or rely on this e-mail. If you have received this communication in error please notify us immediately by e-mail or by telephone (+44 (0) 1327 301901).

The content of this e-mail does not constitute a commitment by Revo Developments Limited or any of its subsidiaries, unless separately endorsed by an authorised representative of Revo Developments Limited.

Revo Developments Limited believes that this e-mail and any attachments are free of viruses. However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure it is virus free and Revo Developments Limited does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this e-mail or its contents.

The key with revo's response is the HPFP.... which if I'm not mistaken is exactly what I was saying as well as the fact the k03 won't do 300bhp. So I rest my case. However the kit revo link to is for the A3 not the A4 so wouldn't fit anyway.

lol quite funny reading this thread lads. im intrigued now as ive not heard of a map giving 70 horses before. ive only gained around 45-55 hp on my S4 from an MRC map. i wish it was that easy to get 70 hp from a map on the 2.0t as its what im looking at next after my S4

ano u said about the pump but u can use a fuel pressure regulator to maintin pressure.. alot less expensive.. fuel pump def for the k04, just pointin out they will put out near 300bhp which 290 is as stated by revo who i was told to ask an did.. suppose ill be told revo are full of **** too..

twiggy i didnt say i got 70 from map, i got 45.. though the SE come from audi mapped from 198 to 217 so in total mines been mapped about 62bhp, revo say they can map them to 275bhp though..

Last edited:
revo say they can put these engines to 275bhp by map alone...

fair play 75hp from a map is damn good. is that just a map then or do they modd other things to reach that target

i dont no mate, if u go on there site and enter the car detais it tell what i posted in a little more detail not much though

ano u said about the pump but u can use a fuel pressure regulator to maintin pressure.. alot less expensive.. fuel pump def for the k04, just pointin out they will put out near 300bhp which 290 is as stated by revo who i was told to ask an did.. suppose ill be told revo are full of **** too..

twiggy i didnt say i got 70 from map, i got 45.. though the SE come from audi mapped from 198 to 217 so in total mines been mapped about 62bhp, revo say they can map them to 275bhp though..

Did you ask revo about the A4 or the A3 version, because everything he came back with is for the A3 engine. The A4 engine doesn't see the same gains as the A3

so what are your general views on the B7 2.0T as this was a car i wanted but too pricey when i was looking few years back so went for my S4, do they respond well to a good map as the only thing im worried about is missing the power and torque the S4 gives me but i think the B7 is a really nice looking car and ill definately be getting one after my S4 but what would you say the pro's and cons are of the B7 2.0T? what is the difference in the Special Edition one over the standard S-line?

Special editions get a very mild map from Audi to 220ps compared to 200ps for the normal s-line. You also got leather seats as std and different alloys. Both the Special edition and the std will map to go 255-260 ps max.

I'm over the moon with mine. After xmas I'm going the apr K04 route which should see me to about 320ps or just over 310 bhp with bags of torque.

how much torque though as im running around 370-380lb ft 500nm? the torque is the best thing about the S4 with them 2 turbos kicking in. next year ill be upping it to K04 so ill be in the 420hp and around 500lb ft which i cannot wait for

Unfortunately you'll never see S4 kinda torque on a 2.0TFSI with out big money. This is the APR map;

20t_fsi_long_s3_k04_93_crank.gif

still good from the 2.0T, that is the thing i will miss most is the power and effortless grunt that mine has. once im around 500hp then ill stop and buy another car but i think this S4 will stay with me forever now.

how much is the APR K04 conversion then mate?

Interested reading....

I bought my A4 2.0T quattro from Leeds Audi as a standard used approved car.

I had a remap at Pendle Performance which a few weeks later on a 4wrr produced 277bhp (at the wheels!) - so a 77 gain.

Then I added a longlife exhaust - which they said would add another 10% to 15% more power.
This in effect would take mine above 300bhp.

It certainly feels like it too. Not only has the exhaust made the car torquier - but had made the car totally drivable. Prior to the exhusst being fitted I drove round in 3rd & 4th all the timre. 3rd could do a tonne - so never needed 5th & 6th - which the car never felt comfortable with anyway, even on motorways.

Now the car is complete - I can use 5th on A roads!

Erm something very wrong with Pendles rollers then as std the power output is measure'd at the crank not the wheels. So std power at the wheel is no where near the 200ps as std.

Post your graph ....

at the wheels???? that would mean around 350 at the fly wheel mate, are you getting it mixed up about it. mine only pushes around 2XX odd at the wheels i presume so your tellin me that your 2.0T would keep up with me??? be good if it were true as i would save money in the long run with fuel savings etc.

Erm something very wrong with Pendles rollers then as std the power output is measure'd at the crank not the wheels. So std power at the wheel is no where near the 200ps as std.

Post your graph ....

beat me too it mate lol glad you said it too as i was a bit dubious about what firery jack is sayin. im not treading on any toes i just like to know what this car is capable of.

Interested reading....

I bought my A4 2.0T quattro from Leeds Audi as a standard used approved car.

I had a remap at Pendle Performance which a few weeks later on a 4wrr produced 277bhp (at the wheels!) - so a 77 gain.

Then I added a longlife exhaust - which they said would add another 10% to 15% more power.
This in effect would take mine above 300bhp.

It certainly feels like it too. Not only has the exhaust made the car torquier - but had made the car totally drivable. Prior to the exhusst being fitted I drove round in 3rd & 4th all the timre. 3rd could do a tonne - so never needed 5th & 6th - which the car never felt comfortable with anyway, even on motorways.

Now the car is complete - I can use 5th on A roads!

thank you mate... ive been telling these ones that these cars can hit near 300bhp but was told im wrong, if u read bk i was also told that at around 270 bhp the car would have serious cut out because the fuel pump can cope...

does urs cut out??

twiggy... the special edition has an upgraded sports chassis, audi told me they have quattro suspension oposed to sline, the brakes are alot better than std sline too, next best thing to the s4.. once the guy mapped mine i took it for spin an it went like fk. the o-60 is about 5.7secs now! you wont regret buying a 2.0t. def get a quattro.. im after a A5 3.0tdi sline quattro nxt, standard they do 0-60 in 5.7 and map to 590nm's torque!! lovely car, cheaper on fuel tax and insurance, just pricey atm..

i dono about other mappers but my guy maps with torque in mind, mines 380 nm's, standard was 300 nm's, he brought the torque in nice and steady as he mentiond alot mappers bring the torque in to hard and the result is clutch life shortened!

auron... i asked them about my model and linked torquetronix site for them to price against there stage 3 and asked for figures, think the pack they linked me was an example of cost and set up roughly.. i emailed alot of tuners and they said it would go close to the 300 mark but they just dont know as theyd never preformed that kinda upgrade yet...

Last edited:
Special editions do not have uprated chassis compared to Slines or better brakes....

You can't fit quattro rear suspension to a FWD model either. What the hell are you smoking mate ?

No-one claiming strong figures has ever posted a supporting RR graph....... ( I wonder why )

Last edited:
ive it all printed out from an audi master tech..

Post it then. Because I have the ERWIN PDFs - complete for the B7, that independent garages (even Audi franchises) use them, that can be bought from Audi.de (https://erwin.audi.com) and believe me they show no differences what's so ever between the Sline and the Sline SE chassis and suspension.

You really don;t have a clue about anything do you.

Show where REVO claim 275bhp on an A4 2.0TFSI with only a remap??

Also, check the part number on the S-line and SE suspension, yuo;ll find they are the same.

You have absolutely no evidence to back up ANY of your claims. :wacko:

mk2 if u go on revo site youl find u ****... if i can find the print out ill post it, the SE chassis was the first thing pointed out as being uprated..

auron u need to dry ur eyes mate..

Do i have to spell it out to you, you ****!

REVO do not claim 275bhp from a simple remap on the A4 2.0TFSI!

A comparison of 4 top remaps for the AUDI A4 2.0 TFSI

Revo - 255bhp
APR - 240bhp
Custom-Code - 230-240bhp
Superchips - 240bhp

So there you go, not a single one of the 4 top tuning companies back up your claim of 275bhp from a remap!

For more than the figures quoted above you need serious hardware - downpipes/cats, exhausts, intercooler, HPFP, intakes and then Suitable mapping, Which costs!

And in reality the turbo will be so highly strung trying to reach your figure it will heatsoak like mad and be so peaky it'll be **** to drive. Fitting a K04 or similar will give bigger gains and make the car better.

But you don't appear to understand how turbo's really work....

so ur sittin there on ur own laughin like a weirdo.. fair play mate...

mk2 was it the 2.0T or the 2.0t dtm/SE u brought up on revo cos its there in black an white...

any others i looked all claimed 264bhp. if ur bringing up the 2.0t and not the dtm/se then of course youl get dif figures..

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ok - here's my link to the dyno print. I swear this is only after a remap on my A4 2.0T quattro.

To be clear - the remap was done by Pendle Performance and the 4wrr at Well Lane Turbo Centre.

I didn't have a dyno print prior to the remap, just after and here it is:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3262/audibhpe.jpg

Well Lane Turbo Centre has a great reputation and the guy there said the 277bhp was at the wheels and he was totally amazed and in fact repeated the test a few more times to make sure it was right.

Make what you want of it all this - but going back to the original thread question - I'd have an S4 everyday of the week. However, then again, I'd rather have an RS4!

The 2.0T doesn't sound like an S4 or have all the nice bits like an S4, but I do admit I like the wolf in sheeps clothing idea - especially when there's a Scooby Doo in the vacinity!

hmmmmm :unsure:

No name, date , time , reg number, references to superchips on the graph ..... Hmmmmm

Last edited:
ano the engines are the same but theres mapping figures for the std 2.0t and dif firures for the 220 2.0t... mabey not by revo but by most others...

READ IT...

getImage.asp

Welcome to Revo, the ultimate in performance software for the new Audi A4 equipped with the new 2.0Litre FSi Turbo power plant.
Our engineering teams have spent countless hours ensuring that they have delivered to you the most responsive, smoothest and most powerful software available for this chosen application. With in excess of 275BHP available from this robust new generation of engine, our race proven performance software produces a fantastic low- mid end torque increase, a much improved throttle response and a smoother more powerful top end delivery. With the imminent release of the new SPS Plus device, you will have the option to change settings allowing adjustments for climatic conditions and the fuel grade to be used.

Last edited:
Oh dear Auroan.....

It's almost like you don't believe me. I'm just an honest Audi owner - who looks at this site daily, mainly to get lots of fantastic tips, help and information and share some of my experiences. I'm not an expert on Audi's - just a very proud owner!

Why do you think I'd tell porky pies?

Tim.

Because a LOT of things do NOT stack up. Especially when you say you have 277bhp at the wheel !!! Which is just plain wrong.

Jey check your page again. Revo are saying the engine is capable of 275 , but not with just a map.

Round and round we go on this silly little merry go round.

Last edited: