B6-S4 front brakes

Has any one gone from B5 S4 to B6 S4 brakes.Might have a set of B6 ones but want to make sure they are better than the B5 ones i have now,which are really good.

im not sure you will notice much difference tbh

im wanting B6 s4 brakes as i have the standard 1.8T brakes. the B6 S4 are single pot 345mm

Its the single pot that bothers me.Plus replacement discs + pads are a fortune.:wacko:

how much are the new discs and pads?

i really doubt they would be that much better than what you have tbh

kenny_boon said:
how much are the new discs and pads?
I have phoned a few places and they all said they dont do them and if i find somewhere that does they will be very expensive.Might be dealer parts only???:scared2:

anyone know the distance between the mounting holes of the carriers on an A4?

kenny_boon said:
anyone know the distance between the mounting holes of the carriers on an A4?

147mm from centre to centre of the holes.Could be 1mm either way.

his reply

Hi, if your stud pattern is 5x112 and the distance between the mounting wholes of the carriers are 147mm then they should fit. The reason for sale is iv done a big brake up-grade so no longer need these ones. kind regards Steve

seems ok then :)

would u need to fit the brakes differently ie the right one on the left and left on the right so the caliper was at the rear of the disc?

kenny_boon said:
his reply

Hi, if your stud pattern is 5x112 and the distance between the mounting wholes of the carriers are 147mm then they should fit. The reason for sale is iv done a big brake up-grade so no longer need these ones. kind regards Steve

seems ok then :)

would u need to fit the brakes differently ie the right one on the left and left on the right so the caliper was at the rear of the disc?

Sounds right.Good luck.

He had them up for sale on uk-mkiv for £250.So he got what he wanted but i thought he might of got a bit more on ebay.