1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B6 OEM MFSW Retrofit

JohnboyC Sep 12, 2008

1. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

Hi
    Has anyone ever retro fitted the B6 OEM 6 button (3 buttons each side) steering wheel to an Audi A4 ? Do you have the part numbers of teh bits required. Assume I already have the Steering Wheel and airbag.

If so, can anyone point me to the step by step instructions......I do have VAG-COM...

Main reason I want MFSW is to avoid (or remove the temptation to) fumble around with the RNS-e....particularly skipping tracks, etc.

Cheers

2. andyccr

andyccr 2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

The B6 wheel I thought was the horrible' SE' style which is the 4 spoke one. I've seen a lot in the beige / grey but you don't see many in the black. Also not sure what functions you get with the B6 wheel rather than the B7 wheel.

I would have a look on NAVPLUS.US as I'm sure there is guys on there that will be able to help

Regards,

Andy

3. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 quattro Black Edition s tronic

I've got a B6 2.4SE with Multitronic box. Does anyone know if it's possible to retro-fit a MFSW with the Tiptroinic gear change buttons?

4. ozique

ozique Member

5. Macduff

Macduff Member

Wow, someone actually has a 2.4 B6!

I've never seen one. Must have been the least popular engine TBH.

6. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 quattro Black Edition s tronic

Thank you for that contribution. Not sure what your point is, but if you'd like to know what a 2.4 looks like, here's a pic:

[​IMG]

7. andyccr

andyccr 2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Plenty of 2.4 B6 cabriolets !

8. Macduff

Macduff Member

No point really. Just have never seen a 2.4 B6. Apologies for the hi-jack

Not a very scientific approach I know but checking the Audi used car locator there are only 23 2.4 cabs for sale out of 600+ cabs 1.8T and 2.0TDI are the most common.

It obviously wasn't a very popular engine. I did consider getting one when we bought ours as I really don't like 4 pot engines but MPG was an issue at the time so ended up with our 1.9 130

9. jdp1962

Like you, I don't like 4-cylinder engines, but as I only do about 7,000 miles a year, mpg wasn't too much of an issue. Also, it was replacing a B5 2.8 Quattro, so the fuel consumption was actually an improvement.

I know it's not a popular option (after all, you can now get the same 170bhp and a lot more torque from a 2.0TDI), but it meant I was able to get the car I wanted for quite a lot less than I might otherwise have had to pay. In fact, I watched the price of the car drop £1,500 while it sat unsold on Fontain's forecourt for two months before I moved in for it.

10. Macduff

Macduff Member

Yes I imagine the depreciation is higher than other B6s and sounds like you probably got a good deal.

I guess it's a bit like VW Golfs/Boras. Boras cost more new but depreciate so much more quickly as the UK doesn't like small saloons. I had a V5 Bora for 3+ years and loved it. Would take it over a Golf anyday.

11. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

Funny that, I've never seen a B6 2.0TDI!!!

12. Macduff

Macduff Member

Oops! That was including B7 cabs too. Anyway, I think you get the point.

13. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

Well, the steering wheel I was watching on teh German Ebay went for £200 + Postage.......so not doing that mod !