1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B6 Halogen Headlight Motor.

ADC74 Jul 19, 2011

1. ADC74

ADC74 Member

Evening all.
    I've just bought a second hand headlight for my B6 & it doesn't have the motor fitted which adjusts the beam direction. I'm going to use the motor in my existing headlight so, before I go breaking ****, is this a straight forward swap over job ?
    I'll get a better idea once I have removed the light with existing motor in it but just looking to get in front rather than playing the guessing game !

Any advice would be appreciated :thumbsup:

2. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Active Member

If you mean the headlight levelling motor, they take 15 mins to swap. Remove headlight, open the back cover, 2 screed, fittle ball joint thing, remove motor, reverse process to fit new one. Dead easy, just done mine.

3. ADC74

ADC74 Member

Thanks for that fella :thumbsup:

Was easier than I thought but glad you pointed me in the right direction.
    Much happier now I've fitted a second hand unit & replaced all the bulbs in both, looks more uniform.

If anyone is after a nearly new ( less than 6 mths old ) N/S/F headlight for a B6 Audi A4 then drop me a PM. Genuine Audi part - 8EO 941 029 D - mint condition, NO bulbs & the motor has been removed also.

Having just double checked the above part number it would seem that it is infact a Xenon Headlight which would explain why it didn't look right on my car :wacko:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011