1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B6 cabriolet new drivers door now nothing works - need wiring diagram please

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Nath-rszt, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Nath-rszt

Nath-rszt New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Hi guys, i have a b6 cab 2.5tdi i have fitted a new drivers door and when the new one turned up it already had the main wiring harness with it. Me being a complete div i've scrapped the old door with the loom in it.

I've phoned audi and have a part number 8h1971029q but its on back order and i need to get this sorted asap.

The loom in the door has all the correct plugs on it, it just doesnt work anything so i take it theres a few pins in different places were it plugs into the (A) post.

Not sure where to even look for a diagram so wandering if anyone can help? thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi Avant Owner Group Audi A6

Mar 28, 2008
    I'll look on Elsawin one evening this weekend if I can, they're normally quite complex so for a few quid it's worth getting your own copy off Ebay if you can.
  4. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2007
    It looks like you either got a door from a car with manual window winders (on the rear !) or from a later 2003 on car. The wiring is the same just the pins need swapping in the connector at the door jamb ! You also need to make sure there are no broken wires in the harness before condemning the door loom !
  5. stu_m

stu_m Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

Oct 25, 2009
    yeah first thing I would be checking is the wiring in the loom to make sure you have no broken wires as its a very common problem