B6 A4 RNS-E and Colour DIS - no nav info displayed.

benjie

Reaction score
Swindon - home of the 'Magic' Roundabout.
So I have a 2003 B6 A4. I retrofitted a Colour DIS about 3 years ago and retrofitted RNS-E today. Only thing is, I can't get the disections to show on the DIS. I'm stumped. I have used VCDS and gone to 17 Instruments > Adaptations > Channel62 and added the nav to it (add 4) - switched off and on, keys out etc. But location data and nav info won't display.

Is there something I've missed?

try this
set a route when its on
turn nav on and off.
see if it works

Should only affect red dis clusters, colour should work fine.

Unplug the rns from the car & leave 10 seconds & plug back in, also check your rns coding is set to A4 & if the unit turns on/off with key in/out.

Thanks for the input guys. I have just come back to the car after an hour - I deliberately left the route guidance going. On startup, I get the normal fuel/mpg info in computer memory 1, memory 2, then another screen with an arrow showing direction of destination and how many miles away the destination is. Nothing else - my house is quite far away from the road and the nav thinks I'm 'off-road.' Is this right, is it showing everything it should?

EDIT: Been for a drive, it knows where I am now and shows me the next turn, miles left, little bar on the right telling me how far the junction is. Pretty sure Ijust needed to give the car time to do the changes. Thanks guys.

Last edited: