B6 A4 Avant Airbag Light. HELP

aaron.ivory.31

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls,

I've picked myself up a daily avant around 7 months ago now, since I've got it there has been an airbag light on so today I said I'd give it a go, I am getting a code saying

01578- airbag deactivation warning lamp , passenger side (K145) 009. Open or short to ground, MIL ON.

From searching about I am seeing it the indication lamp when you switch off the airbag in the glove box, but there's no airbag deactivation light in the car?

Can anyone help?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The deactivation light can be in two places, one is in the section the cup holder/coin tray and esp switch is or on some it's in the overhead lights. If you can switch the passenger airbag off with the key in the glovebox then you should have the warning light.

The deactivation light can be in two places, one is in the section the cup holder/coin tray and esp switch is or on some it's in the overhead lights. If you can switch the passenger airbag off with the key in the glovebox then you should have the warning light.
Thanks for the reply, iv took down the dome lights it's not up there ,(checked if the cable was up there if someone everchanged the dome cover) also removed the glove box and radio to get access to see if there was a plug left about as it's not up by the esp/ hazzard/ coin drawer/ cup holder. Out ideas now.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk