B6 2004 S4 Steering wheel...

robbie5

NEVER ENOUGH
Reaction score
Hi Guys, this is my first thread so bear with me

Will an Audi B6 2004 S4 steering wheel fit an Audi B5 2000 S4?
Also, will the B6 airbag work within my B5 S4?
Cheers
Rob

Yeah will all bolt up fine and the airbag will have the same plug.

Will need both the airbag and the wheel though as the airbag is a different shape to the b5 ones.

Thanks for the speedy reply, can't wait to fit it!

Are there any B5 wheels that have the radio functions on them?

yes im not sure which models had them fitted or if they were an optional extra, but my handbook has a couple of pages showing the controls and what they /how to use them.

you can also get a steering wheel that has the gear shift fitted on it that you an use to shift the gears if you have triptronic gbox fitted, ive looked every where for one but not found one yet, but again is shown in the handbook

Wow wow wow hang on!

I asked a guy if a prefacelift B5 could pick any wheels from other B5 or B6 and fit it, he said no because you have to find a prefacelift wheels as they are not standard...?!

A4NA18 said:
Wow wow wow hang on!

I asked a guy if a prefacelift B5 could pick any wheels from other B5 or B6 and fit it, he said no because you have to find a prefacelift wheels as they are not standard...?!
What are you trying to say m8? I was asking if there are wheels with radio controls for a facelift.

Sorry Maca, I was responding to the posts on the top of he thread.

My car is a B5 2000 facelift. I've been told by three people that it will fit the B5 facelift but not B5 prefacelift!! I presume this is what you've been told??

macattax said:
Are there any B5 wheels that have the radio functions on them?
I had a test drive in a W reg a4 1.9tdi which had the radio controls on the steering wheel !!

It was a w reg b5 facelift model and had loads of extra's fitted !!

Okay, a B6 S4 airbag will fit BUT the B5 slip ring connector is different, therefore, you have to remove the yellow connector inside the B6 steering wheel and connect the wires to the original B5 connector...clear as mud???
Rob

it was a bloomin nightmare trying to find everything out. Thank god for this forum...:happy:

robbie5 said:
My car is a B5 2000 facelift. I've been told by three people that it will fit the B5 facelift but not B5 prefacelift!! I presume this is what you've been told??

I think it depends if you are drive bywire or not as thing changed a little on the face lift as some where none drive bywire and others moved over to the B6 drive bywire setup, there for you get a different loom setup so you may want to look in to that.

docurley said:
I think it depends if you are drive bywire or not as thing changed a little on the face lift as some where none drive bywire and others moved over to the B6 drive bywire setup, there for you get a different loom setup so you may want to look in to that.

Okay now i'm confused...wouldn't it be easier to re-wire the B6 connector to a B5 connector?
Rob

robbie5 said:
Okay now i'm confused...wouldn't it be easier to re-wire the B6 connector to a B5 connector?
Rob

Providing they use the same triger system then yes but if not you will have to swap it out or drop in a resistor and have no airbag.

Hi, I was mailed by 'jase0851' who has the same year car as mine, this is what he says...
...yeah the airbag/wheel on from the b6 goes straight on but wiring wise all i did was keep the b5 ring and pull the wires out of the b5 connector which plugs into the ring. put the wires of the b6 airbag into it worked fine for me the b6 airbags are single stage same as b5 its the b7 airbags which are 2 stage hope this helps the b6 steering wheels are loads better