Bought this b6 avant with a broken engine, owner went trough a puddle of water and engine hydrolocked, result bent rod which let go with a bang about 1000 miles later. Anyway, got the car for a steal and looked for a replacement engine. When i dismantled the head i found no damage bar a bent tip on the 1st glow plug so looked for a replacement block. Got one from a frien down the road for £100, got it cleaned and used a thicker head gasket + ARL/PD150 head bolts. Sold the GT1749VA turbo as i had a low mileage BV43 which i bought new last summer and only done couple of thousand miles on a car i crashed (!). On assembly i found the stock DM Flywheel missing a few teeths so i had no choice but to use the Southbend DXD clutch and TTV custom flywheel i had in my locker for a while- i saved this for a monster project but never got the right car till now ! Fired the engine up and nothing out of ordinary to report bar slight judder from the SMF... Got about 100 miles on the clutch- still bedding it so need to see if it gets better as it's too grabby ! Fitted a Racelogic boost gauge and Allard EGR delete kit today- took no photos as yet as i did not finish ! Here are a few pictures from the build... bear in mind that the Rieger rs4 style bumper will have to go soon, will replace with a b6 s4 pair of bumpers.