1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B5 technical question (electrics)

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by fishbone, Oct 30, 2009.

1. fishbone

fishbone New Member

[Oct 30, 2009]
    hi new to the forum and to owning an Audi, i have a b5 98 2.5tdi as my daily and looking into doing a few things to make it mine.
    i have a friend with some sort of software for re-mapping only went to give it a go today and it requires the fuse for the dash to be removed to get around the immobiliser, on his program it tell you to remove fuse 11, in my fuse box that fuse is missing and does not appear to have terminals inside so i'm guessing its one of the others.
    any help would be greatly recieved.

thanks in advance
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Oct 30, 2009]
    Cannot do that over the OBD port mate...also your might be the early EDC15 ECU wich will need soldering new EEPROM's on the ECU so that cannot be done on the bench as is ! Best go with a decent tunning chip !
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Oct 30, 2009]
    He must be thinking of the Haldex fuse which you don't have. ^^ see above tuning method on older cars^^
  5. fishbone

fishbone New Member

[Oct 31, 2009]
    cool thanks for the input, can anyone recommend a decent company around the berks / wilts area?
  6. electricracer

electricracer Member

[Nov 1, 2009]
    you could be looking at the fuse "map" backwards i have come across a4s were the pic in the dash is a mirror image of the actual fuse box.