1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b5 seat swap help!!!!!

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by darksideB5, Apr 6, 2013.

1. darksideB5

darksideB5 New Member

[Apr 6, 2013]
    hey guys..new to the forum, but not so new to audis..but i am new to swapping the seats, so it goes like this. I have a 96 b5 2.8 quattro 5 speed and it has power and heated seats, but only power on the driver side..so heres my problem, i bought some seats off of a dude and there all power, he said they were off of a b5 so im assuming a newer model. The mounts are different on my car and wont except the seats..the new seats have a singular track in the center and my car does not..so my question is...can i swap the track from another car to mine or is the chassis built like that?

any help would be appreciated...thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 6, 2013]
    Those seats are not from a B5. All B5 seats have the same sliding mechanism with tracks either side. Nothing is impossible with some welding but surely it would be easier to buy the correct seats for your vehicle?
  4. Sulli79

Sulli79 Active Member

[Apr 6, 2013]
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 6, 2013]
    Oh I thought he meant the runners on either side for the back of the seat, my mistake
  6. darksideB5

darksideB5 New Member

[Apr 7, 2013]
    Yea its the rail in the middle..the seats will bolt into my wifes car no problem..hers is a 99 1.8t, i think its more work then i wanna do tho for my car