B5 S4 v C5 S6 v C5 2.7t

jq_quint

Reaction score
So after many a 'i told you so's' from the wife (regarding the car being too small), I now have to agree and with our third child due in the summer I now have to go larger...

Shame, only had the S4 in Dec......

So question guys is if I go to an A6 which one? 2.7t (with mapping capability) or the S6...:tocktock:

Anyone have any experience with either and ideally can make a comparison to the S4..

Which performs better?

Any advice appreciated....

only problem with the B5 is the crap legroom in the back, huge boot but no room for the legs.

id go for A6 due to running costs probably being a little cheaper than an S6. but me being an S fan it would be the S6 all day if you can afford it.

so your getting rid of the S4 now are ya mate?

so your getting rid of the S4 now are ya mate?

Well over the next few weeks I guess I am.. Shame its a great car..but really fed up with fetching the boys (from child minder after work) and struggling to fit all bags in without using the boot etc...
Also the straw that broke the camels back is that we are going to centre parks in about 4 weeks and we 'have' to go in the wife's Zafira........Doh !
Last year we went in my previous A6, no problem...
And with our third due in July the writing has been on the wall for a few weeks now, just been avoiding making a decision.. it will be a sad day, got quite attached.....

The A6 4.2 has the same RS6 bodywork and almost the same engine, but are usually a decent amount cheaper than the S6's, so thats another option

Personally i'd be leaning towards the V8 over the 2.7tt, the 2.7tt seems a bit of a fickle engine and theres lots to go wrong, and ok its tunable, but only to V8 power without spending £££££ on new turbos.

aragon, you and them V8's lol if i had another B5 id stick one in for a laugh.

like he said jq you can look at the RS6 aswel and that is a machine awlrite!!

be a sad day when i part ways with my S4, but i mite never part with it yet:icon_thumright:

One thing to keep in mind is that the 2.7T A6 was never meant to be a performance car.

what is your budget?

S6 fuel economy was the ONLY reason i didnt get it....

I plumped for the S4 as I have a small family and very rarly take people in the back for any distance.

I have to say I am gutted in some respects as I wanted the V8 noise and the Recaro interior, which is soooo hard to find in the S4, I had two I wanted and they went on PH faster than a snake chasing a mouse.

but having used the S4 for a couple of days its an excellent car and feels like Audi should.