B5 S4 to buy or not to buy

neil20vt

Reaction score
Hi,i'm considering buying a 98R S4 avant,what should i look out for bad points and good,what are they like to use as an everyday vehicle,running costs,servicing etc ??

Cheers Neil

The S4 offers the best ratio of that level of performance and economy. I managed 250 miles out of a tank from my MTM chipped S4 running 300-330ish bhp and around 220 around town. Not many heavy 300+hp cruisers can offer this mileage.

The S4 if you are lucky not to suffer turbo failure are simply fantastic. Checkout RS246.com and the many many many many posts by new owners about how absolutely thrilled they are day in day out at the effortless performance, class and enjoyment they get out of the car. It is very special and for the money not much can touch it I dont think. It pretty much ticks all the boxes.

If you can buy one with K04's fitted already or even better stretch and afford an RS4 you will be a very happy bunny :D

Go for it :)

They're VERY addictive ;)

I've done around 740 miles this week (with all the family gear and luggage etc), and managed a 26mpg average.